video shows la cops shooting 2 unarmed men, killing one of them

Author Topic: video shows la cops shooting 2 unarmed men, killing one of them  (Read 4135 times)

Sure, but what about when a cop does something outstanding in his field? One of my local police officers took time off to help in a school play. He dressed up and played the part of a police officer during a school benefit performance. He's super nice everyone loves him. No way that would make national headlines.
Maybe it's not getting national coverage because someone wasn't killed?

Anyways, not every police killing gets national coverage believe it or not.

Maybe it's not getting national coverage because someone wasn't killed?

Anyways, not every police killing gets national coverage believe it or not.
absolutely not, cause it happens literally every single day

absolutely not, cause it happens literally every single day
police killings? you mean worldwide? country-wide? state-wide? city-wide?

This incident happened in 2013. It took 2 years for the video to come to light. If the legal system hid this video for that long they, really, really don't want people to see it- well, now people are seeing it.
Because they know it'll become more "national outrage," even if proven valid. You can even just look at the title and OP, it's designed to make you angry and believe these men were unjustified in shooting the suspects.

The problem with reporting police behavior only in ways that make them seem evil dehumanizes them. It's detrimental to society and to the lives of those already paid poorly for putting their lives on the line. What good does "exposing" these innocent police officers do anyway? They already got processed through the legal system. What do you want?

in the US alone

other countries don't have as many police shootings.

You can even just look at the title and OP, it's designed to make you angry and believe these men were unjustified in shooting the suspects.

actually there is nothing in the title but facts

Because they know it'll become more "national outrage," even if proven valid. You can even just look at the title and OP, it's designed to make you angry and believe these men were unjustified in shooting the suspects.
All I see are accurate depictions of the event
"la cops" - technically gardenia cops, but they're still police officers
"shooting 2 unarmed men" - correct
"killing one of them" - correct

The problem with reporting police behavior only in ways that make them seem evil dehumanizes them. It's detrimental to society and to the lives of those already paid poorly for putting their lives on the line. What good does "exposing" these innocent police officers do anyway? They already got processed through the legal system. What do you want?
Better non-lethal options, police officer body cameras, increased training, and (if payouts are made in settlements) cash directly from police pension funds instead of just going directly from the taxpayers to the party involved.

I think it's weird how cops will talk down an armed perp but have no qualms about simply opening fire on a guy armed with a knife.

other countries don't have as many police shootings.
That's because there's more violent crimes, and more murder per capita in america than in other parts of the world like europe.

However, no, the US is most definitely not the worst country in terms of police shootings. Mexico, for example, has a hell of a lot more murder per capita than america does, and their police force is a hell of a lot worse.

the usa. pretty much every single day

That's because there's more violent crimes, and more murder per capita in america than in other parts of the world like europe.

However, no, the US is most definitely not the worst country in terms of police shootings. Mexico, for example, has a hell of a lot more murder per capita than america does, and their police force is a hell of a lot worse.
other developed, first-world countries

actually there is nothing in the title but facts
True, the title is factual. But it is also worded in a way to insinuate wrongdoing. It wouldn't get half the attention if it was "Man appears to reach for gun while under arrest, police react by shooting."

Also, the OP reads "if you take off your hat you get shot now," insinuating that the reason for shooting was completely unjust.

Better non-lethal options, police officer body cameras, increased training, and (if payouts are made in settlements) cash directly from police pension funds instead of just going directly from the taxpayers to the party involved.
I agree with all of that. But you wanted to "expose" these officers, as if they did something wrong and went unpunished, which has the effect of demonizing them and furthering Mean World Syndrome.

other developed, first-world countries
New Zealand, just off the top of my head as an example, has a murder rate of 0.9 per 100k compared to the US's 4.7. Canada clocks in at 1.6.

The only developed, first-world country that I could find that has a higher murder rate is the US virgin islands, with a murder rate of 52 per 100k.

"Man appears to reach for gun while under arrest, police react by shooting."
that is subjective and isn't factual
Also, the OP reads "if you take off your hat you get shot now," insinuating that the reason for shooting was completely unjust.
that was just my opinion