Author Topic: Port fowarding help.  (Read 1373 times)

Because nobody decided to help me with hosting a terraria server before.
I need some help with dedicated servers.
I followed this guide: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Ubee/DDW3611/Terraria.htm And it didn't work
The auto port forward thing with the dedicated server doesn't work. blockland server hosting works fine
I've tried 192.168.0.11 and 192.168.0.1 , neither works. The ports are 7777.
I think it has to do with the fact that i have  both local and external ports. like local start, local end, external start, external end.

I remember that the unturned server did work. Also the Terraria one was on when I was trying to host.
I got my ip from searching "my ip" on google.
Please help.

The terraria one is enabled when i tried to test it
The port checker from portforwarding says the ports are closed for 7777, says 27015-8 are open. But 27015-8 don't work for terraria.
I have tried the ports of 27015 and 27018
having mcafee have the port of 7777 didn't help
My router is the Ubee ddw 365
And sadly TWC as the internet provider.
Help would be nice

Try this, I've had no issues with it.
Used it a LOOOONG time ago, so I'm not sure if it still works.
http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/

Try this, I've had no issues with it.
Used it a LOOOONG time ago, so I'm not sure if it still works.
http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/
This is one of the sketchy-est sites i've seen

Steps:
1. Run cmd.
2. Type ipconfig, find this:

3. On the cmd, also find your default gateway (which you have already done)
4. Make sure your server has the same port by doing echo($Server::Port);, also make sure UPnP is disabled.
5. When port forwarding, make sure you only do the same range with UDP. (Ex: I have 2 servers)

(Optional) 6. If you want to have a better chance of people connecting, try port triggering. People can send challenge requests and even ping my server after I port triggered. I don't think you need to make it UDP only, since "both" works fine for me.

ty bb

I also just noticed in the OP's picture it says that it is disabled.

ty bb

I also just noticed in the OP's picture it says that it is disabled.
When I had tried to see if it worked I had it enabled. I'll try to see if this works.

I did ever everything you said to do,  hell tried a different port and it still doesn't work

Are you sure you know the exact port?

It could also be your router not wanting to port forward correctly.

why does everyone always find their ip4 address the hardest possible ways with the most steps lol.
can just right click the network thingy on your taskbar and see instantly.

Have you set a static-ip?
also try disabling firewall. If it works then just let that port bypass it somehow

Have you set a static-ip?
also try disabling firewall. If it works then just let that port bypass it somehow
Yes
Also I have no idea why it doesn't work. My old unturned server worked, as all i did was portforward and start the server. I have no idea why this isn't working.