Author Topic: Blockland Glass Development  (Read 25356 times)

I started digging in to actually downloading the required clients, and I think it's better to just hold off until we migrate to the new site. There's no point in developing both ends of the api when it'll just be replaced and remade within the month.

Beta 1

• Everything in the previous to-do list
  • Fixed incorrect default required clients (should be none, was requiring ID2)
  • Updated the feedback message
  • Cleaned up some console stuff
  • Fixed BLID_ showing up in the admin management screen
  • All Glass mods with a client.cs are now valid for being a required client

Please be sure to report any bugs you find! Beta is all about tweaking and bug fixing.

This happens in the server control settings when I try to change an add-on preference that has a list.

Is that an imported RTB pref?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:53:06 PM by Spartan224 »

Alright, fixed. It was a problem with Support_Preferences, RTB lists weren't crossing over correctly. Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!
No problem, I'll continue having fun with the beta.

redownloaded blockland, redownloaded blockland glass's development version (fully fresh installs)

prefs dont seem to show up right when you play singleplayer (might affect LAN as well)

console log below
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 10:50:22 PM by Crispy_ »

Looks like the problem is with your BL_ID being 999999 on single player servers. I'll look in to it this afternoon. Thanks!

Looks like the problem is with your BL_ID being 999999 on single player servers. I'll look in to it this afternoon. Thanks!
isn't it also like that on LAN servers?

Also, can you make it so I don't get disconnected for missing client even if I am the host, I am using a vps so it's not a local connection

Also, when it kicks me to download the mod I get a "unable to find function" in the console when I click the update button. (Currently on mobile, I'll post more data when I can)

isn't it also like that on LAN servers?
Pretty sure.

Also, can you make it so I don't get disconnected for missing client even if I am the host, I am using a vps so it's not a local connection

Also, when it kicks me to download the mod I get a "unable to find function" in the console when I click the update button. (Currently on mobile, I'll post more data when I can)
The issue with this is that the client check is done before the server auths with auth.blockland.us, so we don't have the client's BL_ID, just their name which can both be changed and forged. I'll see if there's any other way to go about this, but for now you can use the following: GlassSettings.update("SC::RequiredClients", "");

Can it please be disabled in the first place

• Fixed incorrect default required clients (should be none, was requiring ID2)

Beta 2

• Fixed LAN/single-player preferences
  • Removed a some console spam

If no new bugs are found within the next week, then I'm going to go ahead and push to stable, so I guess this could also be considered RC1. Woo!

Just wanted to say that I was able to update one of my add-ons on BLG without a server.cs or anything except the .json files that the service adds itself.

I can say without absolutely certainty that it was probably my mistake somewhere along the line, but is it possible to make it not do this or at-least throw up a warning if there's no actual files in the .zip?

It's not urgent but it'd be nice if it could be implemented.