Blockland Glass Development

Author Topic: Blockland Glass Development  (Read 25344 times)

I've essentially gutted the Mod Manager. Yay?

Oh well, this is pretty cool.

For anyone who cares that much, it's actual projectile motion. I'm a physics minor, so why not?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:10:45 PM by Scout31 »

if the gravitational constant doesn't change accurately based on your geolocation then i give it a 0/10

I've essentially gutted the Mod Manager. Yay?

Oh well, this is pretty cool.
[ img]http://i.imgur.com/9P6b7sw.gif[/img]

For anyone who cares that much, it's actual projectile motion. I'm a physics minor, so why not?
That animation better be smooth at any framerate

It's just the gif lowering the frame rate.

if the gravitational constant doesn't change accurately based on your geolocation then i give it a 0/10

I have failed :(

If anyone has checked, the test site hasn't really updated for a few months. Nexus and I (mainly nexus) have been busy rebuilding it from the bottom up, restructuring the entire site. It's still very much in development, but I've set the test site to automatically pull from github, so it'll always be the latest and greatest version.

Because the database has been restructured, everything had to have been imported over. The data you see on this site doesn't reflect the old one, and the database can and will be cleared frequently until launch. That being said, feel free to play around!

We're planning to move to beta in early/mid January. At that time I'll probably lock this topic and post it in General Discussion, since that's apparently what we're supposed to do now.

It looks great but you should ditch the rounded buttons on the left pane, they cut-off and clash with the overall look you have going on.

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but:

I submitted my Ambulance as a development branch thing (since things are missing and I wasn't sure if the scripting was as good as it needs to be)

I redid the scripting from the ground up, and it's very similar to the CV Police Interceptor, but the system flagged it as being potentially malicious, because of a couple functions which use schedules to call other functions.

The thing that's confusing me is that I did the same thing on the CVPI; parenting onTrigger to detect clicking and clicking-and-holding, and to repeat the sequence that hides/unhides the emergency lights.

I'm wondering if there's something I can do to please the automatic system, or if there's a problem with the way I've done it this time.

It doesn't really matter if the automatic system is triggered. Either way, you can still submit it, and either way it gets reviewed by the reviewers.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:45:15 PM by portify »

No, I didn't. Because it's not backwards compatible and you used a lot of the same function names, it either it executes the new version last and breaks old add-ons (namely Support_Updater), or it loads the old version last and the new version is irrelevant.

If he's talking about the new version of Jettison, I'll update Support_Updater with it eventually.

Port, you should really focus on backwards compatibility though.

If he's talking about the new version of Jettison, I'll update Support_Updater with it eventually.
Problem is, if you update Support_Updater's Jettison, it'll either break Glass's old Jettison or Glass will break Support_Updater's new Jettison. Having two versions of it installed at once is just a game of Russian roulette.

EDIT: Greek, you'll be happy to hear I just finished the upstream repo system.. Well, atleast as much as I could without the actual update system being in. Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 08:40:16 PM by Scout31 »

Why not just change the json API entirely so it doesn't overlap?

Problems like this are why I'm staying far away from any sort of library scripts. Always make a new copy for each add-on.

Ideally a library script will be developed with this already in mind. Greek2Me does a fine job of this with his. Jettison however wasn't designed to be forwards- nor backwards-compatible.