Author Topic: Blockland Glass Development  (Read 25405 times)

I don't think it needs chatting considering we have steam for that

Not all users have Steam, however.

Not all users have Steam, however.
In which we have multiple other alternatives to use: Discord, Teamspeak, Skype, etc

I'm against a "join anyway" because then it's just a recommended mod, which you can tell them to get in the welcome message or whatever.
Although, just tossing it in the welcome message isn't as convenient as an in-game download. And when they manually download it from the welcome message, most people will have to restart before being able to use it.

How about a middle-ground? Still continue with the forced add-ons. However, also include an option to prompt clients to download optional add-ons.

I've found that a bunch of people never read the welcome message.

I've found that a bunch of people never read the welcome message.
Yeah, that's a valid point.

Alright, I'll implement that. I'd be working on this stuff actively and probably would have come out with a testable release by now, but I'm currently out of town and just with my laptop, so I've been focusing on site stuff.

I just updated my Blockland Glass addon, and got this

Not sure what's goin oonnnnn

Where do I put playertypes?
I do see them in server mods (?), so do I put it there?

I just updated my Blockland Glass addon, and got this

Not sure what's goin oonnnnn
The required fonts are downloaded from a repository if they're missing, I'm assuming that they need a restart to take effect. I'm going to reuse the downloads gui again to show the download progress on those, and then have a restart. The feedback message is only for Alpha users, anyway.

So far I have a lot of the backend systems done, but not necessarily the interfaces to interact with the user. A lot of things just happen automatically now when they should really wait for the user to prompt them. Nothing harmful of course, just a lot of resource downloading. I'll start taking a stab at all the guis this week.

Where do I put playertypes?
I do see them in server mods (?), so do I put it there?
That works for now. Everything will be moved around when they're imported to the new system since we're restructuring everything.

Thanks for adding the change logs. It makes the update UI a little better.

Some great progress on the new site. The back-end api is working, add-on uploads are in, and I've taken a stab at the review system. I'm going to switch over to focus on the add-on now, however.

Thanks for adding the change logs. It makes the update UI a little better.
That's been in forever, it was out for about a week because of a bug but that's it.

The most recent alpha prevents me from starting a server. It appears that my GameConnection object gets deleted, and the UI remains on the "CONNECTION ACCEPTED" message.

Alpha 5

Hopefully the last alpha.

• Fixed what Greek2Me said right there ^
  • Reworked the download gui; it's now multi-purpose
  • Required add-ons now displayed in download gui

Basically, right now there's a lot of stuff that's 75% there. The back-end systems all work, what's left is just making it user accessible and easy to use. Here's what's left to do before beta/rc:

• Make the required clients actually download
  • Tell the server what clients the user has
  • Make the resource downloads (fonts, support_updater, support_preferences) not automatic, use the gui instead
  • Support for passwords in preferences
  • Fix managing required clients on the server preferences end
  • Do some testing with server updates screen

A lot of just tying loose ends.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:40:43 PM by Scout31 »

The most recent alpha prevents me from starting a server. It appears that my GameConnection object gets deleted, and the UI remains on the "CONNECTION ACCEPTED" message.
oh wtf blockland glass caused that?