Tips for website building?

Author Topic: Tips for website building?  (Read 456 times)

i wanted to make a simple website with a few pages under tabs on the top, all the pages with just text and images, plus contact info on the bottom. how could i do this?

if you don't know what i mean, here's some hella rad concept art of it

what tools could i use to make a website? and how should i host if i want it to be pretty cheap?

dont go for that new hip simplistic style where the words are huge and the background is some blurry picture

9/10 times it just looks bad

I could make that for you when I get home in a few hours
but the only thing I would suggest you do is learn HTML yourself. things like wix are super bad

I could also host it for you

dont go for that new hip simplistic style where the words are huge and the background is some blurry picture

9/10 times it just looks bad
will take note of this, thanks
i never understood why people use blurry background images anyway

I could make that for you when I get home in a few hours
but the only thing I would suggest you do is learn HTML yourself. things like wix are super bad

I could also host it for you
oh? i can't really do that because i don't have all the info right now. probably because i was planning to make it myself, but i'll pm you with the finished info if you're serious about it
yeah i was planning to learn basic coding instead of using some website maker thing
you'd really do that for me? wow i didn't expect this but that'd be nice

Do not use website builders. They're bad and you can always tell. Use Notepad++ or Sublime Text and do it yourself. HTML and CSS is super easy to learn.

https://www.codecademy.com/
amazing website that can teach you html and css also javascript easily

oh? i can't really do that because i don't have all the info right now. probably because i was planning to make it myself, but i'll pm you with the finished info if you're serious about it
I don't necessarily need the content yet
if that's what you want it to look like, I can do it, the words and stuff can come later
you'd really do that for me? wow i didn't expect this but that'd be nice
sure
I'd suggest buying your own domain name, though. it's only like ten dollars a year
you don't have to, but bloukface.net or something would probably be better than using a subdomain of mine

When you are making your website, please use a darker theme for gods sake. There isn't anything I hate more than a blinding white website at night.

Do not use website builders. They're bad and you can always tell. Use Notepad++ or Sublime Text and do it yourself. HTML and CSS is super easy to learn.
https://www.codecademy.com/
amazing website that can teach you html and css also javascript easily
thanks for the advice and i will get to that site when i'm not tired

I don't necessarily need the content yet
if that's what you want it to look like, I can do it, the words and stuff can come latersure
I'd suggest buying your own domain name, though. it's only like ten dollars a year
you don't have to, but bloukface.net or something would probably be better than using a subdomain of mine
i did want to graphic design some of the buttons and stuff on the site so i didn't know if i needed that yet
but i will get a domain name probably, thanks again

When you are making your website, please use a darker theme for gods sake. There isn't anything I hate more than a blinding white website at night.
i'll just make a light and dark theme, but i think you should turn down your brightness at night

i did want to graphic design some of the buttons and stuff on the site so i didn't know if i needed that yet
it'll be pretty easy to change whenever you want to change it

i'll just make a light and dark theme
Oh hey options, you don't see many of those anymore these days.
but i think you should turn down your brightness at night
Even then it doesn't really help all that much.

it'll be pretty easy to change whenever you want to change it
alright, ill pm you details and things