Author Topic: Stephen Hawking aids hunt for new life.  (Read 2837 times)

This was a project announced two days ago, Stephen Hawking is pouring 100 million into the hunt for life beyond earth. The project is called 'Breakthrough Listen'. They have some sort of telescope like machine that will brown townyze the depths of space for radio waves and beams. This machine also appears to be able to detect electric currents light years away.

What's ironic about this is Stephen himself said he feared the search for new life, because it/they could destroy humanity itself. Think about it, we have a long history of mistreating/massacring ourselves, who's to say aliens wouldn't do the same? Think Columbus.

Here is the full article if you want a quick read, I just thought it was cool that someone is finally taking initiative to understand or find more about space, and not shooting the idea down that there might be something out there.

http://goo.gl/ZRal05

cool
if he still believes in the columbus idea thing then he just wants everyone to die

Let's hope he isn't the first one to communicate with them (implying they exist).

aliens do not exist

Aren't they already doing this with SETI?

aliens do not exist
yes they do

mexico is full of them

Aren't they already doing this with SETI?
It is said to be much more effective on every level.

aliens do not exist
That's solid reasoning there champ.

It is said to be much more effective on every level.

That's solid reasoning there champ.

aliens do not exist

if you have a religious belief, then yes, "aliens" are real.

kinda funny how no matter what you believe, there's always this idea that there's a consciousness besides our own

Don't be ignorant. He just said "it is said to be much more effective..."

His reasoning is perfectly solid, as he has not made any outrageous claims.

if we do find aliens then life will get very interesting

imagine what would happen

-
lmao, he was referring to his opinion, I was referring to the article posted just above, I think you can figure out the difference between the two.