Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE

Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Windows 10 Thread | I AM LATE BUT IT'S HERE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE  (Read 101747 times)

okay, sure, where
Probably starting from page 35? Not entirely sure.

yeah let me walk into the furry thread and post ponies then get amused when people get mad
yeah but thats where they belong

op rename thread to os wars or something in that manner
because apparently thats what this thread has derailed to

I love worked up people get over me mentioning linux.
and i love stupid people who can't justify their decisions and then expect developers to have to compensate for that
oh wait, no i don't

op rename thread to os wars or something in that manner
because apparently thats what this thread has derailed to
most of the thread has been windows 10, even ipquarx's argument has been windows 10

y'know, I know how to use linux and the terminal on a basic enough level where I can do stuff

but my problem with linux is the fact that it's waayyy too much

like when I turn on my computer, I expect that after 35 years of advancements, I shouldn't have to type "chmod" into some black screen with words to change permissions on a file, and I shouldn't have to expect to have to type out a whole file path to make a python script work. (and I know I can go: "python [script.py]" instead of putting "#!/usr/bin/python" at the top of a file). linux has it's place, yeah it has better security and is free (which is obviously a big bonus) but still, I like to have a simple os to put stuff on and have it work right out of the box. I like to be able to have everything work with simple clicks of a button, not by tweaking everything to the tiniest level.

every os has it's place, but you can't expect everyone (now I don't mean your average computer user, I mean people who do stuff like just browse the internet) to love linux all of a sudden just because it's "better" and "more customizable. honestly, I love linux and all, with how customizable it is, but while I like to fiddle with stuff, I like stuff up and the get go too.

and what files are you naming that are longer than 256 characters? most lines of code are ~80-120 characters, im not trying to come off as rude, but just curious.

y'know, I know how to use linux and the terminal on a basic enough level where I can do stuff

but my problem with linux is the fact that it's waayyy too much

like when I turn on my computer, I expect that after 35 years of advancements, I shouldn't have to type "chmod" into some black screen with words to change permissions on a file, and I shouldn't have to expect to have to type out a whole file path to make a python script work. (and I know I can go: "python [script.py]" instead of putting "#!/usr/bin/python" at the top of a file). linux has it's place, yeah it has better security and is free (which is obviously a big bonus) but still, I like to have a simple os to put stuff on and have it work right out of the box. I like to be able to have everything work with simple clicks of a button, not by tweaking everything to the tiniest level.

every os has it's place, but you can't expect everyone (now I don't mean your average computer user, I mean people who do stuff like just browse the internet) to love linux all of a sudden just because it's "better" and "more customizable. honestly, I love linux and all, with how customizable it is, but while I like to fiddle with stuff, I like stuff up and the get go too.

and what files are you naming that are longer than 256 characters? most lines of code are ~80-120 characters, im not trying to come off as rude, but just curious.
good for you
this is a windows thread

good for you
this is a windows thread

this has been going on for 2 pages and now you notice?

okay... qq

okay... qq
we noticed at the first page

okay... qq
doesn't help with derailing when you contribute to a derail

anyone like os x yosemite

WELL as long as we're talking about win10

i think nvidia released a patch that fixes the whole video_tdr_failure bluescreen crash

hooray for driver compatibility

WELL as long as we're talking about win10

i think nvidia released a patch that fixes the whole video_tdr_failure bluescreen crash

hooray for driver compatibility

really? awesome :D

1. You can pick whatever distro you want
2. You can customize said distro however you want
3. File path names can be larger than 256 characters(On windows, if they exceed that it will refuse to write the file. It's the most loving annoying thing I've run into)
4. Linux is much more efficient and faster than windows
5. Linux is unix-based, so the command prompt is actually usable
6. There is a much, much smaller chance of there being NSA backdoors as the linux code is open-source. Windows has NSA backdoors--There have been NSA backdoors discovered even in XP
7. No telemetry
8.Almost no malware
9. No disk de-fragmentation
10. You have complete control over your system. There isn't anything you can't change.
11. Bad themes and feature removals cannot be forced upon you

Let's see

1. That's a bad thing. I once looked at linux and everywhere was "use this version" and "no use this version" and "no mine is better!!!" and "why not use this one!". The linux community can't focus on a common goal for some reason. You could do so much more without the idiotic fragmentation.

2. What if I don't want to customize it?

3. I've never had a too long file path error so I can't comment on how useful this is

4. Windows 10 is already fast, does it really matter if it takes 15 seconds to boot or 5?

5. Why would someone want to type console commands in 2015? Every useful action should have an easy to use gui.

6. I guess you're right with this one

7. Reporting exceptions and crashes to the developers is not a bad thing, every good software does this. I don't understand why people are getting worked up over this at all.

8. Just don't download shady stuff and you won't have this problem

9. What?

10. & 11. see 2.

I see so many people running around telling everyone that linux is so much better, but when you ask for details you never get any real reasons.

I see so many people running around telling everyone that linux is so much better, but when you ask for details you never get any real reasons.

because there are none

it's just another operating system