Author Topic: Best Minecraft mods?  (Read 1405 times)

I want some mods for mc because all mine became outdated because I haven't played for a while. I would prefer if they were easy to install.
Stuff that would interest me:
Some sort of town thing so I don't feel lonely
Some new mobs
A good scp mod (The only one I know of I don't know if it was updated)

What I could care less for:
Vehicles
Guns
Hud crap (Unless it is required to make a mod better)

There's supposedly a decent Fallout mod

There's supposedly a decent Fallout mod
Only thing I know of about fallout is bottlecaps and nukes

i would say the minecraft mlp mod but no
that's stupid
instead try something like minecraft comes alive

You might want to give Noppes' Custom NPC mod a shot.

That mod was really cool.
Did he add multiplayer support?

Sounds interesting

Link?

I forget does forge update automatically?

Sounds interesting

Link?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1278956-custom-npcs

I use noppe's mod all the time it makes minecraft a really fun game. I have even made GTA vice city NPCS with sounds using the mod. But however, if you want to add custom sounds for your custom npc's (which makes things even better) I would suggest getting the 1.6.4 version instead. The reason why is because there was a update to minecraft which added the loving worst nightmare ever, .JSON files. Basically what .JSONs do is it is a script that reads the mods entity's and there is a .JSON for the sounds. If you put a custom sound within the sound folder you need to edit the sounds.JSON and add a long ass script which can be really confusing and if you want to add loads of sounds then it is the biggest pain in the ass ever.

with the 1.6.4 version, to add sounds you just put the sounds in the sound folders in the .zip and you don't need to worry about the catastrophic .JSON stuff. And also the game only accepts .wav sounds so just get audacity to convert the sounds

my favorite mod was the millenaire mod, which was a huge town spawning mod which i dont think replaced normal villages.

http://millenaire.org/  it can be a bit of a hassle to download but i can guarantee that its worth it.