Author Topic: Shadow Mute  (Read 5435 times)

Shadow Mute
Shadow mute is a simple add-on that I came up with when I was eating leftovers from last night. Basically, it gives admins the ability to mute other non-admins on the server. What differentiates this from your run-of-the-mill mute add-on is that the person isn't aware they are muted. Every single thing they type ends up in their chat, but the rest of the server is made unaware of it. This stops spammers from complaining, or having a reason to throw more of a fit.

Download

Update 1: Added in an alert to all the admins when someone is shadowmuted.

Update 2: Made shadowmuted client's chat pretty much identical to a normal person's (link parsing, spam warnings, etard filter, ect).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:31:36 PM by Johnny Blockhead »

it's like having your voice heard, but not

still seems like a good add-on
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:24:23 PM by The Resonte! »

I didn't know that the other add-on is a thing, when I get home I'll add some other features that make it comparatively better.

When a spammer yells in the server, and everyone is around to hear it, but they cant, does he make a sound?
Nope...  :cookieMonster:

I looked through the Hellban script, and it was pretty poorly made. This is a better alternative. I just updated to solve a few errors and also made the shadow-chat have the same functionality as normal chat (link parsing, spam warnings, ect).

Lol, this add-on is so cruel. I love it.

don't worry we love you
Are you sure?
after spamming my server, getting muted using his script, then saying that his script is stuff due to people still being able to team chat?
(btw pls fix)

Are you sure?
after spamming my server, getting muted using his script, then saying that his script is stuff due to people still being able to team chat?
(btw pls fix)
lmaooooooooooooooooo
i'll look into it

When a spammer yells in the server, and everyone is around to hear it, but they cant, does he make a sound?
Nope...  :cookieMonster:
Just made my day, good sir

Didn't know of that other add-on, pretty nice ninja-mute

Small complaints:
(server.cs line 23) if(%time < 0)
should be:
if(%time <= 0)
to prevent muting for 0 seconds

It would also be best if you made it work across server restarts and added in a permanent mute.
(I didn't mention teamchat cuz someone else did)

What you added a feature for the Host or Super Admins where they can set a certain phrase to make someone automatically shadow muted? For instance, the host does not want to have people saying, "Give me admin." Then when someone says that, they are automatically muted. It's just a crazy idea haha

Instead of just having two arguments %target, %time you could have more arguments, combine the first as the target and use the last one as the time.

For example, if these people are on the server:

Johnny 5
Blockheadxxxxx
Blockheadyyyyy
Johnny Blockhead

Wouldn't it be nice if you can use /mute johnny blo 10 instead of /mute johnny 10 and hope it'll get the right one?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:05:48 AM by Zeblote »