What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?

Author Topic: What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?  (Read 6415 times)

Oh the 60fps subject again. Is it me or am I the only one that's actually legitimately okay with both? You usually have people who "can't see" above 30 and people who can see 60 and never want to go back. I'm okay with 30 (as long as it doesn't drop below that for a long period) and if the game is 60, I'm just like "okay thats cool". Obviously 60 is better, but I personally don't see it being required in every game other than definitely fast paced twitch shooters, fighters, or any game really where you need absolute quick reflexes and good response times.

Here's another comparison showing 15-30-60 fps. This is that jumping cube animation comparison btw.
https://boallen.com/fps-compare.html
Of course I do have a trained eye myself so I can identify whenever the fps drops or when it's playing at 30.

Hz = Hertz: noun - the SI unit of frequency, equal to one cycle per second.
FPS = Frames per second
I know, I was asking Blocko because I knew he was wrong.

30 fps and 60 fps has no difference

and no i'm not trolling because i got used to low framerates from my crappy computers

and no i'm not trolling because i got used to low framerates from my crappy computers
60 looks less blurry than 30 from the image

They are very different. However, I realize now that this isn't a great example because this isn't the original gif and is messed up.

60 looks less blurry than 30 from the image
No, 60 is way less choppy than 30 because of the fast speed both are going at. When 60 moves across the image it looks far smoother while 15 looks like a sped up slideshow.

i can notice the difference to a degree where swapping from 60 fps to 30 gives me headaches

i usually watch youtube videos before gaming and dont watch again til the next day unless a friend wants me to see something

i have never sat down and watched tv or played a console game for quite a long time now

what is your monitor's refresh rate

what is your monitor's refresh rate

if his monitor was manufactured any time in the last 20 years it's 60hz.

Well if I ever get a gaming PC i'd want pretty much every game to play at 60 FPS within reason of my hardware.

Especially graphically undemanding games that should be optimized well enough.

Even though I don't care if as long as it is over 30 there is a difference between them.