What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?

Author Topic: What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?  (Read 6422 times)

how does it feel knowing you'll never be seeing as smooth as everyone else?

don't really care, because I actually play video games to enjoy good games.

I don't see how people can't see the difference. It's night and day.
Some people have monitors running a 60hz which limits them to 30 fps so they can't see a damn difference

Some people have monitors running a 60hz which limits them to 30 fps so they can't see a damn difference
this
i use a laptop bc cheap sunofabitch

Windows XP

Could hardly even run the operating system on its own
We have a problem then. I've got a compaq sitting at the bottom of my desk with 800MHz, 64MBs of RAM, 2GB of HDD with WXP running pretty fine. Of course, with some studders.

ignore. looking it up

apparently monitors don't work like that?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:50:03 PM by Waru »

my monitor is 60hz and I saw 60fps

don't really care, because I actually play video games to enjoy good games.
and for some reason people who like high fps can't enjoy good games? you can do both, you know.

and for some reason people who like high fps can't enjoy good games? you can do both, you know.

i would even say it's a better experience

super basic quick explanation: 60Hz is generally standard atm for monitors and that means it refreshes sixty times per second (thus the use of the unit hertz, 1/s), meaning that if you have a 60Hz refresh rate, up to sixty frames could be rendered every second to show any diff

at least that's what my understanding of it is, there are probably more technical details and quirks that i'm not quite aware of

i can tolerate 30fps but i can definitely tell the difference. it bothers me to play games for extended periods of time with 30fps or lower. ultimately it's the same game but it doesn't look nearly as good and it's hard to not see it

i remember playing sonic adventure 2 when i was little and seeing the framerate suddenly go up, and the only way i could describe it to my sister was that it "looks real"

hz literally means times per second. A 60hz monitor displays 60fps.

60fps looks really hot
I honestly don't see a difference.

lol where did you hear that