What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?

Author Topic: What is your opinion on 60 fps in games?  (Read 6431 times)

I honestly don't see a difference.

either your eyes are faulty or your monitor is a poop

Higher fps also reduces input lag by a fair bit iirc

All framerates should be unlocked. If the player wants to play at 30, 60, or 120 FPS that's up to them. Locking a game to 30 is just stupid and will only turn away revenue and if the developer doesn't want to unlock the framerate usually the pirates unlock it for them.

All framerates should be unlocked. If the player wants to play at 30, 60, or 120 FPS that's up to them. Locking a game to 30 is just stupid and will only turn away revenue and if the developer doesn't want to unlock the framerate usually the pirates unlock it for them.

metal gear rising: revengence on the PC was locked at 24 fps, within 5 hours of it's release, a mod was already out that let you go to 60 fps lol

Higher fps also reduces input lag by a fair bit iirc
depends on the game, but if input is handled per-frame rather than on a different system, yeah, it would. regardless, you would perceive a difference in responsiveness since twice as many frames are rendered each second

some devs lock framerates because the game literally breaks or goes insane if they don't. of course, that's just the fault of poor programming

http://30vs60.com/
This website is actually really bad
I don't see any difference here
But I go in a game or even a youtube video that has the option for 60fps and I can see the difference very clearly
So anyone who can't see it here, find a better example

how about y'all play the video game real life

it has the highest fps imaginable, no lag, no fps drops, nothing!

explain stuttering

that's not a video game

actually when you stand up after lying down for so long there's some display issues

actually when you stand up after lying down for so long there's some display issues
when I stretch with my arms straight up I might crash.

that's your HDMI cord being loose

i like the part where the sound glitches when the player goes into the action falling_asleep and it plays the araqi_bomb_explosion sound

I can't log off. Please help!

To be honest, I've grown so used to my 2005 toaster I've been keeping alive that anything above 20 FPS is totally acceptable.
At 60 FPS I tend to mis judge distances and speed all the time causing me to play worse than if I was running at what you people call an "unacceptable" FPS rates.
It's all preference.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:19:15 PM by Mr.Noßody »