Author Topic: Film Bots  (Read 37053 times)

Guys, OP is on holiday and is going to be back this week. This mod isn't dead, just give Whirlwind a brake since he probably has worked hard on other things as well as this mod

Version 1.3
  • Added workaround for bot damage. Use /damagescene to toggle bot damage.
  • Love, Hate, Alarm, Confuse emotes

This mod isn't dead,

It might as well be dead. I'm back to school on Monday, so progress will be very slow.

I have created a trailer of my own if you don't mind good sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dy0ehhl8eE

I really like this mod, and I can't wait to see you add more features to it.

Awesome video dude. I will try to work on this in my free time.

Nice! I can't wait for head turning now!

Version 1.3
  • Added workaround for bot damage. Use /damagescene to toggle bot damage.
  • Love, Hate, Alarm, Confuse emotes
Sweet! All we need is head turning and I can begin filming with this! Huge project in mind too.

Is there anyway to give the bots command given items? Like giving a bot a hat that could only be worn by typing /hat

Is there anyway to give the bots command given items? Like giving a bot a hat that could only be worn by typing /hat

Not to my knowledge

Any chance you can make a new playback function that applies to existing bots? And one to create named scenes? That way you could make events for them and it could be really interactive. Something like:
onBotActivated -> Bot -> playScene: ["Welcome"]

Then any bot that calls on "Welcome" would do the same actions. That's getting away from film purposes though and more towards in-game cutscenes which I selfishly want :P
I'd try it myself but I can't be bothered formatting the files to see what you've done haha, it's all jumbled

Any chance you can make a new playback function that applies to existing bots? And one to create named scenes? That way you could make events for them and it could be really interactive. Something like:
onBotActivated -> Bot -> playScene: ["Welcome"]

Then any bot that calls on "Welcome" would do the same actions. That's getting away from film purposes though and more towards in-game cutscenes which I selfishly want :P
I'd try it myself but I can't be bothered formatting the files to see what you've done haha, it's all jumbled
literally this has been asked for like 3 times in the topic and every time whirl just quotes the OP
Planned:
Walking
Head Turning
Changing Avatar
Vehicle Support
File Saving
Talk anim
Events
Loop?
Record camera?
GUI?

As soon as I can apply events to these bots edit: I meant as soon as I can apply console commands to the bots, Block Wars will probably actually get done.

I'm not sure if that's been said or not yet but all of the Block Wars hats require "/[hat]" to apply them to a player. If anyone knows if it's already possible to do that with bots, however, please PM me, I'd appreciate that knowledge. Otherwise I hope it's implemented to this addon.

The less I have to deal with real players in order to achieve shots (especially crowds) the easier it is to shoot scenes.

So no pressure to Whirlwind, but he might singlehandedly save one of the oldest Blockland machinimas.

second edit:

Not to my knowledge

Well poop, nevermind lol
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 10:59:51 PM by Swholli »

Ok, addendum to previous post (double toast):

I've seemed to have found a workaround!

The old hatmod (http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=254646.0) was able to use events that would allow a bot to wear a hat. All you have to do is use the event onBotTouch > Bot > setHat > [hat] on a flat brick, then walk over the brick when you're recording the scene at the beginning before starting the actions you want the bot to preform. This will do nothing to you, but when you playback the scene (and assuming that the bot successfully walks over the brick) the bot will acquire the hat then preform the scene wearing it.

If you download Mr. Nobody's hatpack with it (http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=254804.0) that will give you some hats to start with, but if you look at his zipfile it'll also show you exactly how to package other hat addons to be compatible with hatmod so you can use it with filmbots.

With that all being said, it looks like the hiatus on Block Wars is now officially over, as I can start filming scenes to almost perfection by just preforming them all myself without any lag or user error.

Yessssss.

Also here's a video for proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkovDQZ2a1s

Bump. How long does it take until you can't reply to topics anymore because they're "too old"?

do you think you could add support for the turning head animation? You know, when you press the free look button to turn the head around.
Nice! I can't wait for head turning now!
Sweet! All we need is head turning and I can begin filming with this! Huge project in mind too.

Your prayers have been answered.

I just noticed the update on Blockland Glass, you're the best Whirlwind!

Now all I need is the rest of the planned features to move to the 'done' list.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:41:43 AM by Spartan224 »