AT-AT Vehicle [Star Wars]

Author Topic: AT-AT Vehicle [Star Wars]  (Read 6184 times)

AT-AT

All Terrain Armored Transport

The AT-AT (Pronounced A T A T) is an Imperial vehicle found in the Star Wars universe, it is used for both a physiological affect as it is for a tactical one. Standing roughly 22.5 meters tall (74 Feet), it is a symbol of Imperial engineering.

Three AT-ATs converging on Echo Base during the Battle of Hoth.

An AT-AT combating two Snow Speeders.

A rough size comparison to a person, this was the best I could find.

Edit: PLEASE use the original sound effects and not those blaster sounds everyone uses, and the walking sounds are also really important.

Large vehicles like this are indeed possible, look at the FROG for instance, its really big and it only lags servers if it gets stuck in bricks, like most other vehicles do. Below is a video of the Battle of Hoth, so if anyone is wondering how it moves, just study this.

The Battle of Hoth

This would probably be the most legendary vehicle ever made for Blockland, whoever makes this will probably be idolized forever. At least to me. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:27:53 PM by ßløçks »

this would be coolio
but wouldnt it be weird with bl physics

this would be coolio
but wouldnt it be weird with bl physics

Yeah, but that's the same with every vehicle, they are all weird with physics, you just have to use them carefully.

Make it be able to jump for epic AT-AT parkour.
Or make it a playertype that can be a vehicle too.

Make it be able to jump for epic AT-AT parkour.
Or make it a playertype that can be a vehicle too.
Lol I can just imagine the parkour video someone makes with one that can jump. Every time it lands the ground shakes and buildings fall.

Lol I can just imagine the parkour video someone makes with one that can jump. Every time it lands the ground shakes and buildings fall.
I'd probably make that video

Why hasn't GravityCat made this yet?
It's confusing

- Blockz, the Unoriginal

We should make it a Bot along with the AT-ST.
If that happens then we will reward you with  :cookie: x200

/Bump, if you know any add on creators, modelers, or scripters, please try to get their attention on this; this can become a reality, we just need all the help we can get.

I think Legotween98 is a scripter

why does it matter if its not in drama
Well they did do an AT-ST. Now we need an AT-AT. They say it might be impossible, but I've seen blockland handle WAY worse.

Well they did do an AT-ST. Now we need an AT-AT. They say it might be impossible, but I've seen blockland handle WAY worse.
Do you know why it is impossible? It's not because of the size, just look at the Ratte I made.

It's because physics vehicles can't have legs. The only physics vehicles are cars and planes.
Anything else, up to and including the AT-ST I made, are bots.

Bots have a number of restrictions. Firstly, their collision box is just that: a box, reaching all the way from their feet to the top of their heads. And bot hitboxes do not turn, so a rectangular hitbox is impossible unless you want it to go straight forwards all the time.For the AT-AT, that means its hitbox would either be
  • a massive cube with sides equal to the AT-AT's length, so the hitbox would be much wider than the AT-AT
  • a tiny cube with sides equal to the width of the AT-AT, so the hitbox isn't outside the AT-AT, but half the AT-AT has no hitbox
In addition, the giant space between the legs would also be a hitbox regardless of which option you take, so people would not be able to walk under it, and they can shoot there to hurt it.

The other problem is that bots turn instantly. Imagine that instead of carefully rearranging each of its four legs, the AT-AT just swivels around without moving. How's that for aesthetics?

The AT-AT is impossible because of the way bots work in Blockland. You can't give them custom collision boxes.