steams escrow service is taking place december 9th (aka rip bot trades)

Author Topic: steams escrow service is taking place december 9th (aka rip bot trades)  (Read 1914 times)

would me getting my codes via email count as a way to evade escrow or is the mobile authenticator the only choice i have
SteamGuard through e-mail doesn't let you bypass it. I'm pretty sure you need the mobile authenticator.

Sometimes I feel like the steam community can act like childs, I mean stuff, it's the whole paid mods fiasco again.

The way I see it, there is nothing absurdly wrong with the system (that we know of) and it is solely there to protect against people being scammed/push people into using the authenticator. People should already be using the authenticator if they can, and if not they can wait the few days out. It's a win/win in my eyes.

The only reason I don't use the authenticator is because the steam mobile app is very unreliable.

The only reason I don't use the authenticator is because the steam mobile app is very unreliable.
While I do agree that the app is kind of crap, and my evidence is purely anecdotal, I have never run into any problems with the authenticator side of it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:06:08 PM by Nymph »

if something actually does dent the market and keys start dropping in price, it'd be surreal
right now keys average around 2.40$~ on market
but i doubt it

if something actually does dent the market and keys start dropping in price, it'd be surreal
right now keys average around 2.40$~ on market
but i doubt it
how would this drop the price of keys though

I don't really trade for anything that exceeds a dollar so IDK how that shizz works

SteamGuard through e-mail doesn't let you bypass it. I'm pretty sure you need the mobile authenticator.
thats bullstuff

how would this drop the price of keys though

I don't really trade for anything that exceeds a dollar so IDK how that shizz works
I don't really trade anything either, but as far as I know they're a vital part of trading. High supply but also a high demand keeps it at a healthy price. I'm not sure how much or even if the price will be affected by the holding time, but, the number of people who may stop trading due to this may reduce the demand. In order to sell the abundant supply after the demand drops, the price may decrease. Either to increase demand or because people are simply impatient and will continue to "sell lower than the lowest". And theoretically, if they aren't purchased as quickly as they were before the escrow service, this will cause the value to decrease.

I don't really have much trading experience outside of the early Spiral Knights days though. This is just purely assumption.

Would this seriously mean that people need smartphones to trade on steam?

Would this seriously mean that people need smartphones to trade on steam?
yea unless you want to wait like 3 days for the trade to go through

yea unless you want to wait like 3 days for the trade to go through
Valve is so ridiculously out of touch with their customers it's laughable.
All of their 'scam protection' does little more than making the service worse for legitimate customers.

All of their 'scam protection' does little more than making the service worse for legitimate customers.
its like diapers for a ten year old
they can already stuff in the toilet but the parents thinks its best for them

Removing /me because people were for some reason thinking that notifications somehow came in the form of chat messages.
Adding SteamGuard because people were giving out their passwords to fake websites.
Adding IP and location with SteamGuard e-mails because fake websites started requesting SteamGuard auth codes.
Mobile authenticating because people are still somehow getting their accounts hijacked.
Pushing mobile authentication because by this point there's no more security they can add to people's accounts and they're probably sick and tired of having to deal with countless support tickets for stolen accounts and dealing with items stolen through trades because of this. Now people can cancel a trade they didn't make if they regained access to their account after it was somehow still loving hijacked and now everyone else also has to deal with this.