Poll

Which Monitor?

Acer B326HK 4K IPS Monitor (850)  3840x2160 6ms
9 (75%)
LG 34UM95-P 60Hz 34.0 (900)  3440 x 1440
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: [VOTE] Computer Help.  (Read 6058 times)

you arent gonna need 32GB unless you want to host huge servers and stream or do all this other stuff you probably wont be doing

Note I am doing heavy editing for college.

what the hell are you editing

You still arent going to need 32. 16 is more than enough.

A lot of photoshop rendering and MAYA Rendering's.

What's the price gap between 16gb of DDR3 and DDR4 and what are the differences? Also I might invest into 32gb of ram if I need to.
DDR4 is like 2x the price I think?
RAM is so easy to upgrade, just stick with 16 and you can throw in 16 more if you actually need it, which you probably won't

alright you know what forget this stuff
i was trying to give him what i believe is a better cpu that would stick closer to his budget, but he has announced that it doesnt matter anyways so i guess go with the intel
but jesus christ you people do not have to be so god damn pretentious about itcase in point
If you just said "you could save some money buy using this" it would have ended
But you kept spewing "HURR MORE CORES BETTER PERFORMANCE DURR" no matter how many times people told you more cores does not equal better performance. It's a near perfect representation of jonnys post

performance, while affected by cpu power, is not affected as much as gpu power and hard drive optimization
Hard drive performance will mostly affect loading times. GPU will definitely affect anything that does video rendering, such as 3d rendering
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:46:40 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

RAM is so easy to upgrade, just stick with 16 and you can throw in 16 more if you actually need it
But you kept spewing "HURR MORE CORES BETTER PERFORMANCE DURR" no matter how many times people told you more cores does not equal better performance. It's a near perfect representation of jonnys post
Hard drive performance will mostly affect loading times. GPU will definitely affect anything that does video rendering, such as 3d rendering

Another thing is the Performance gap between intel and amd isn't very high, do you think I should save more money by getting an amd and maybe grabbing and SSD. ALSO I"M DOING EVERYTHING IN 4K RESOLUTION

RAM is so easy to upgrade, just stick with 16 and you can throw in 16 more if you actually need it, which you probably won't
i apologize, however you dont need to further prove my point via "HURR MORE CORES BETTER PERFORMANCE DURR" when the performance gap isnt even very high
i meant pretentious in how it was explained to me, because there are obviously better ways to do it
however i guess im sorry? i dont know

I beg to differ
DDR3 16GB
DDR4 16GB
Another thing is the Performance gap between intel and amd isn't very high, do you think I should save more money by getting an amd and maybe grabbing and SSD. ALSO I"M DOING EVERYTHING IN 4K RESOLUTION
I don't think you should get AMD. There's 2,000 score difference between your CPU and the 8350. That's big enough to go Intel here. Also you already have an SSD in your build. The 850 EVO.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:57:12 PM by CCCPancakes »

A 22% difference isn't exactly "not very high"

An SSD is only going to improve loading times.
Rendering speed is going to be limited more by GPU/CPU speed

i meant pretentious in how it was explained to me, because there are obviously better ways to do it
Is
cores =/= performance.
Not good enough?
Perhaps a little lacking in an explanation of "why"... but you could have asked for that instead of not listening

I beg to differ
DDR3 16GB
DDR4 16GB
Ah, I just made a guess lol, last time I looked was quite a while ago
I'd go for DDR4 then
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:03:39 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

I beg to differ
DDR3 16GB
DDR4 16GBI don't think you should get AMD. There's 2,000 score difference between your CPU and the 8350. That's big enough to go Intel here. Also you already have an SSD in your build. The 850 EVO.

Jesus i'm def gonna upgrade thank you.

A 22% difference isn't exactly "not very high"

An SSD is only going to improve loading times.
Rendering speed is going to be limited more by GPU/CPU speed

IsNot good enough?
Perhaps a little lacking in an explanation of "why"... but you could have asked for that instead of not listening
Ah, I just made a guess lol, last time I looked was quite a while ago
I'd go for DDR4 then

Hm I guess i'm going with intel then. Thanks for all the help.

Also another thing I was worried about is the power supply I'm not sure how the wattage system works but you aren't suppose to go too much over right? Like say if I had a system that used 500 wat's I wouldn't get a powersupply that was 800 etc.

Hm I guess i'm going with intel then. Thanks for all the help.

Also another thing I was worried about is the power supply I'm not sure how the wattage system works but you aren't suppose to go too much over right? Like say if I had a system that used 500 wat's I wouldn't get a powersupply that was 800 etc.
If you plan on upgradeing get something with more watts. If you don't just save money and get somewhat close to the amount of watts that your system would use.

If you plan on upgradeing get something with more watts. If you don't just save money and get somewhat close to the amount of watts that your system would use.

Can't over watting your computer forget it up, also does my mother board support ddr4?

Can't over watting your computer forget it up
No

also does my mother board support ddr4?
Idk that's what pcparticker is for
Just choose some RAM and it'll give you compatible motherboards

If you want DDR4 in your desktop you'll need a Haswell-E or Skylake motherboard and processor. Haswell-E is an enthusiast platform and the motherboards cost like $200 at least. Skylake was just released and has similar prices to the regular Haswell processors and motherboards but has loads more features.

If you want DDR4 in your desktop you'll need a Haswell-E or Skylake motherboard and processor. Haswell-E is an enthusiast platform and the motherboards cost like $200 at least. Skylake was just released and has similar prices to the regular Haswell processors and motherboards but has loads more features.

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably just stick to DDR3 For now to avoid the hassle