Poll

Which Monitor?

Acer B326HK 4K IPS Monitor (850)  3840x2160 6ms
9 (75%)
LG 34UM95-P 60Hz 34.0 (900)  3440 x 1440
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: [VOTE] Computer Help.  (Read 6061 times)

get a more powerful power supply. it's better to have a lot of extra so that you have room for future upgrades than to have one that'll just get you by.

here's a list of some good quality power supplies

wow that's useful thanks for the link, at the moment the parts take 388 watts and I'm getting a 550 watt power supply so I think i'll be okay!

I'm kinda sitting here chuckling at people saying 32GB is overkill for this type of stuff. I can assure you...

IT IS NOT.

Do you know how fast Adobe Applications like to eat up RAM? Especially if you have multiple open at once (which is VERY likely)? I have 16 and trust me, I wish I had more.

I'm kinda sitting here chuckling at people saying 32GB is overkill for this type of stuff. I can assure you...

IT IS NOT.

Do you know how fast Adobe Applications like to eat up RAM? Especially if you have multiple open at once (which is VERY likely)? I have 16 and trust me, I wish I had more.

I currently have 16gb on my laptop and using for editing is a pain sometimes so yea still thinking about getting 32gb. But for now i'll stick with 16 and get extra sticks if I need to

yeah if you actually do need more ram just order it

e z installation

So this topic is gonna die out until I get the parts, I'll post up some pictures when I order them.

IS THIS BUILD SOLID? So I can finalize haha

So this topic is gonna die out until I get the parts, I'll post up some pictures when I order them.

IS THIS BUILD SOLID? So I can finalize haha
Please look at the build that I suggested and read my notes.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mZt9zy
Here's a quick build I put together.

-For the CPU I have the Core i7-6700K which is out of stock right now so I would recommend waiting a couple weeks for other sites to start carrying it. The hyperthreading should result in seamless video editing and having fewer faster cores than the enthusiast platform should lead to superior gaming performance.
-For the CPU cooler I've got the H100i which is compatible with the LGA 1151 socket mobo.
-For the memory I went with a dual channel kit of DDR4 which leaves 2 open DIMM slots for super expansions if you would ever need to (and you shouldn't)
-For the boot drive I went with an Samsung M.2 SSD for crazy boot times. The computer at my work has a restart time of 5 seconds with this very same SSD.
-For bulk storage I would recommend getting 2TB, 3TB, or 4TB drives exclusively since they have a lower price/GB than 1TB drives. Just add more drives when you need them. It wouldn't be a bad idea to look into a home server for your storage either.
-GPU is the 980 Ti, nuff said.
-According to PC part picker this build would run fine with a 500W power supply but with an unlocked CPU and GPUBoost it would be silly to do that. 750W gives us plenty of overhead for overclocking.
-OS is Windows 10 Home because 8 sucks and Pro isn't worth the extra cost.

I made changes to the OS and the hard drive, still looking around for a 2 tb.

For the CPU Still researching but it looks promising if it comes back into stock and I'm still not sure about the DDR4 I looked into it and I couldn't find a huge change between DDR3 and DDR4 for at least what i'm doing. I'll look into it though.

Also Don't I need a DDR4 Compatible Board and processor for it to run?

Still this:
I like everything except the HDD.
The green series is low-power usage, low noise, low performance.
Get a blue or black

as far as AMD vs intel goes
i bought a 150 dollar 6350 and overclocked it to 4.5 Ghz for my main rig
i bought a 50 dollar intel pentium dual core off the shelf for a mini itx build
they have nearly the same performance
i will never buy another AMD product in my life

CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid Cooler 240mm (2x120mm Fans) + Radiator
http://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/product/9dcd1017ea447f986a3211ebec0e8e1d.1600.jpg
you sure you want to start with liquid cooling?

if there's a leak
there will be hilarious (to the forums) or painful (for you) results

if there's a leak
and if he gets a fan it may spin out of control, ricocheting out of his case bouncing around till it slits his throat

he will be more than fine with liquid cooling; there are warranties for a reason. Don't strike fear into him needlessly

if there's a leak

I think i'll be okay and I'm only using liquid for the cpu and not building my entire system through a water loop ( too scurd )

the build jasa put together for you is the way to go and since you can shell out a little more you can get a better hard drive. no reason to change anything else really. i really dont see the point in needing over 250GB in an SSD. If you need anymore just get a secondary, cheap HDD

the build jasa put together for you is the way to go and since you can shell out a little more you can get a better hard drive. no reason to change anything else really. i really dont see the point in needing over 250GB in an SSD. If you need anymore just get a secondary, cheap HDD

I'm using the SSD For adobe applications and my os along with a lot of files for editing.

Also I'm still debating whether to get DDR4 it's about double what I originally intended But I understand that it's something to invest in and DDR3 Might be outdated soon. I'm not really digging reference card as well, will it over heat?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:51:45 AM by Gunnyz »

I'm using the SSD For adobe applications and my os along with a lot of files for editing.

Also I'm still debating whether to get DDR4 it's about double what I originally intended But I understand that it's something to invest in and DDR3 Might be outdated soon. I'm not really digging reference card as well, will it over heat?
Look at it this way:  DDR3 is on it's way out and will be obsolete and no Intel architecture from now on will use it. DDR4 is just getting started and will be around for like 7 years, if you bought DDR4 right now you could use the same sticks 5 years from now if you wanted to upgrade to a newer architecture. DDR4 is generally more future proof.

As for the reference cooler they do run slightly warmer than an open-air cooler but all your other parts run cooler because the GPU acts as an exhaust and doesn't put warm air back into the case.