Poll

Which Monitor?

Acer B326HK 4K IPS Monitor (850)  3840x2160 6ms
9 (75%)
LG 34UM95-P 60Hz 34.0 (900)  3440 x 1440
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: [VOTE] Computer Help.  (Read 6056 times)

snip

buddy the bare-bones specifications of these two processors prove that the amd outperforms the intel he has selected while also improving price

He's spending over $2k on this. He can afford it
Because there's far more factors to a CPUs performance that core count.
More cores is better now extreme multitasking, but games benefit more from single core performance
Also, hyperthreading = 2 virtual cores per physical core
i understand that
this is where price comes into play man, as well as the other specifications that they both offer
with these particular CPU's, AMD outperforms intel at a lower price
its not that hard to understand

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:36:27 PM by kyle222 »

i understand that
this is where price comes into play man, as well as the other specifications that they both offer
with these particular CPU's, AMD outperforms intel at a lower price

Price isn't a huge problem considering I'm falling under my budget I have some extra room to squeeze in but I understand that it's better to save more.

I looked up some benchmarks with the amd 8350 against the 4770k, so far the intel chip is outperforming the amd by a slim margin I'll do more research but I might get the amd if these benchmarks are only a slight difference.

buddy the bare-bones specifications of these two processors prove that the amd outperforms the intel he has selected

Wtf are you talking about
What specifications?

Is not hard to understand that more cores does not equal more performance. All it does is offer more multitasking capabilities. (And again, if multitasking is a concern, the i7 offers hyperthreading) For a single application, stronger individual cores (read: intel) will outperform numerous weaker cores
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:38:58 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

OP, have you considered DDR4? It may still be a bit expensive but with your budget it'd probably be worth the investment.

OP, have you considered DDR4? It may still be a bit expensive but with your budget it'd probably be worth the investment.

DDR4?

Imo intel is better

Please stay on topic this isn't a fanboy war against intel vs amd

If i'm doing editing will hyperthreading do anything?
What are you editing? Depending on what, RAM and GPU is probably a more important factor

DDR4?
A newer RAM standard

I lost this question among stupidity
What are you editing? Depending on what, RAM and GPU is probably a more important factor
A newer RAM standard

A lot of photoshop rendering and MAYA Rendering's.

What's the price gap between 16gb of DDR3 and DDR4 and what are the differences? Also I might invest into 32gb of ram if I need to.

Wtf are you talking about
What specifications?
Is not hard to understand that more cores does not equal more performance. All it does is offer more multitasking capabilities. For a single application, stronger individual cores (read: intel) will outperform numerous weaker cores
alright you know what forget this stuff
i was trying to give him what i believe is a better cpu that would stick closer to his budget, but he has announced that it doesnt matter anyways so i guess go with the intel
but jesus christ you people do not have to be so god damn pretentious about it

case in point

A lot of photoshop rendering and MAYA Rendering's.

What's the price gap between 16gb of DDR3 and DDR4 and what are the differences? Also I might invest into 32gb of ram if I need to.
you arent gonna need 32GB unless you want to host huge servers and stream or do all this other stuff you probably wont be doing

Please stay on topic this isn't a fanboy war against intel vs amd
Ive owned several computers. I had a poop desktop with a quadcore amd processor and now I have a still poop laptop with an intel dual core.
The intel feels much smoother
I dont remember the Ghz but I tought the amd was 2Ghzwhile the intel us 2.6Ghz.

DDR4?
DDR4 is the newer standard for RAM. DDR3 is the current standard, but in the process of being phased out as the tech advances. I haven't checked the performance difference but it may be worth looking into.

But I'd say your current build is pretty solid as it stands.

Ive owned several computers. I had a poop desktop with a quadcore amd processor and now I have a still poop laptop with an intel dual core.
The intel feels much smoother
I dont remember the Ghz but I tought the amd was 2Ghzwhile the intel us 2.6Ghz.
performance, while affected by cpu power, is not affected as much as gpu power and hard drive optimization