what happens if you replace your computers battery, will your stuff be cleared?

Author Topic: what happens if you replace your computers battery, will your stuff be cleared?  (Read 1384 times)

okay, well can i use the current charger i am using, or do i need to use the one in the pics? im sorry if im frustrating any of you, im just not good with this kind of stuff

you can use the same charger, goofbun

one time I had to replace the battery in my car, and the entire engine disappeared. it was so weird

one time I had to replace the battery in my car, and the entire engine disappeared. it was so weird

oh my god lol

The bigass lithium battery will not clear your files.

The small nickel battery in your motherboard will clear your data stored in the CMOS circuit.

You'll find a number of results from different shops and ebay/amazon if you google it.

Just check that your battery (remove it from the laptop when you can) matches the same capactiy, voltage and dimensions.
forgive me but, if i do this, will i still have charge in my computer?

You won't have any charge, but you can remove the battery and keep the charger cable plugged in to the laptop and the mains, and your laptop should still work.

You won't have any charge, but you can remove the battery and keep the charger cable plugged in to the laptop and the mains, and your laptop should still work.
so basically if my charger is still in its port and its still plugged in, itll work. okay. but whats the "mains?" is there anything additional i need to do to that?

weirdly enough, the hard drive is not inside the battery

so basically if my charger is still in its port and its still plugged in, itll work. okay. but whats the "mains?" is there anything additional i need to do to that?
Just remove the battery from the laptop.
Plug in the laptop charger into the laptop with the laptop charger plugged into the wall (the mains).

Just keep the laptop charger in while the laptop is on. If it gets pulled out the laptop will turn off immediately because there's no battery.

Or keep the battery on in case you need to, for any reason, unplug your laptop for a few seconds. Your battery would last those seconds alive. HP batteries, other than being a piece of stuff, last an amazing 5 minutes with the computer on sleep.

taking out the CMOS battery wipes BIOS settings iirc, but that isn't a laptop battery
buy a new one and you'll be fine

Or keep the battery on in case you need to, for any reason, unplug your laptop for a few seconds. Your battery would last those seconds alive. HP batteries, other than being a piece of stuff, last an amazing 5 minutes with the computer on sleep.

what the forget are you talking about? my mother has a HP laptop and it's never had a problem involving batteries

what the forget are you talking about? my mother has a HP laptop and it's never had a problem involving batteries

all rechargeable batteries lose their rechargeability at some point.

HP batteries are a piece of stuff. Every loving HP laptop I've ever had didn't have a single original battery that lasted more than a full month. Not even one!

A month is an overstatement in my experience, but HP batteries are unreliable and give in far too easily. We've had the same issues with about 4 HP laptops and replacement batteries, while brands like Toshiba last several years. I won't buy an HP ever again.

HP laptop charger ports also seem to break easily.

I know I'm late when I say this, but think of it this way.

A battery change will not clear the files, it's like unplugging a desktop and plugging it into another outlet; you don't lose files, just power.