Author Topic: Script_RoofRain  (Read 1680 times)

As of the discovery that zone bricks do not allow precipitation to penetrate them, this can be utilized with a script that makes newly placed bricks have zones.

However I have heard of this being talked about before and people said that having each individual brick being a zone would cause lag much faster than if they were not zones.

My idea with this was that the script that I am currently suggesting would make each new brick placed a zone until another brick is completely covering it. The brick below would no longer have the zone whilst the brick above would keep the zone unless another brick that completely covers it is placed. This can hopefully circumvent lag issues by minimizing the amount of zones spawned.

If you want to get even more complicated then you can take basic bricks(just plain rectangular ones) and have one zone assigned to multiple bricks if the bricks are at the same height.

If you want to get even more complicated then you can take basic bricks(just plain rectangular ones) and have one zone assigned to multiple bricks if the bricks are at the same height.
Right that could also minimize the amount of zones but that seems rather complicated for anyone to WANT to do for free just because of this suggestion and I don't really want to pay somebody to make a mod.

What property is it about these bricks that cause precip to not penetrate?

Isn't it because Zones are treated as water bricks?

it might be the trigger that is deleting the rain somehow

Rain doesn't go through triggers and physical zones I think

Isn't it because Zones are treated as water bricks?
IIRC, rain doesn't go under water so it must be because of this.

IIRC, rain doesn't go under water so it must be because of this.
Rain does go through water if you remove it's physical zone.

Rain does go through water if you remove it's physical zone.
In that case that could simplify this by just adding physical zones instead of making the brick considered water like zones are. In fact if this script did make bricks like water so that rain wouldn't penetrate that might break zone bricks' ability to have floating bricks in it.

Why? If the zone is added after the brick is planted, I'm pretty sure you can have zones overlap if you remove the safeguards. Of course, you're going to have to be careful with the zone events or even change them to avoid an entire server crash.

Why? If the zone is added after the brick is planted, I'm pretty sure you can have zones overlap if you remove the safeguards. Of course, you're going to have to be careful with the zone events or even change them to avoid an entire server crash.
If you would have to start being careful about zone events because of adding zones then that's even more reason to do what I recommended, simply JUST adding in physical zones and not making the bricks considered water.

Placing a bunch of triggers is probably more efficient, assuming that actually works. Has the added bonus that you can rotate then and have rain hit ramps properly.

Bump. This would be really nice to have.