Author Topic: Somehow Hao123 got on my computer  (Read 1825 times)

I found a new thing on my computer today, it was called "Hao123" I asked my mum if she downloaded anything, she said she didn't click on anything, yet I have only downloaded steam games and blockland add-ons.

Also if you don't know what hao123 is, it is a browser hijacker that gives you a hao123 toolbar and sets the homepage to the hao123 homepage when installed, luckily I didn't install it and I then deleted it, but I still don't know how it got on my computer.

Does anyone know if it's possible for things to download on their own?

unless you browse some really sketchy ass websites with no antivirus

things to download on their own

is very unlikely, your mum probably saw an installation prompt, didn't read and just clicked accept

unless you browse some really sketchy ass websites with no antivirus

is very unlikely, your mum probably saw an installation prompt, didn't read and just clicked accept
I've only visited this site, I think I'll check my history,

Alright so I have found out that all my mum did was go on facebook and search 1 thing on google, and no other websites were visited, and the first place I visited today was google to search what hao123 was.

isn't hao123 considered spyware?

isn't hao123 considered spyware?
Search it up on google, it's a browser hijacker.

smash your hard drive there's a ghost in it

smash your hard drive there's a ghost in it
This is a laptop, is that even possible?

laptops still have hard drives
so yeah, it's possible

This is a laptop, is that even possible?

Yes. Most laptops allow you to replace/upgrade RAM and/or hard drives with relative ease.

make a creepypasta about hao123

Alright so I have found out that all my mum did was go on facebook and search 1 thing on google, and no other websites were visited, and the first place I visited today was google to search what hao123 was.
what did your mom search on google?

what did your mom search on google?

"a mother's guide to incest"