148 (57.4%)
I miss the maps too.
68 (26.4%)
What are maps¿
7 (2.7%)
I don't need maps in my life
35 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 258

Author Topic: I miss maps  (Read 11067 times)

I don't exactly miss maps. Bedroom was good for that one spam city build and kitchen had some cool secrets but that was all I remember enjoying them for. I spent a good 95% of my pre-v20 time on slate edits. But i'll say it, the shader update was a loving sham.  We were promised nice, soft shadows, and we got blocky pixelated messes that can only come from only one light source, and only 25% of the user base can actually run them. We were told removal of maps was justified because apparently bad lighting/baked shadows or something made the game 'look broken'.

I'll tell you what makes the game 'look broken', running the game on low graphics settings. It looks loving awful, the shadows don't make any sense. Also, go ahead and drive a jeep into a brick, and you'll find yourself in low earth orbit. That stuff makes the game 'look broken'. Not being able to see water behind a window makes the game 'look broken'. Not being able to see more than 8 lights at a single time makes the game 'look broken'. The list goes on. Badspot said that the v21 update would bring new, bigger, better updates, and last time I spoke to the elucid administrator himself he said he expressed 0 interest in fixing these issues.

The shader update was just kinda vomited onto the game in order to shove it on steam so we could have more exposure and make more dosh. I'm not saying maps were all that great, but the v21 update traded in terrain for a trashy graphical gimmick.

no-edit lmao that was supposed to be an edit

Torque is a major limitation to blockland. If Blockland was ported to a modern engine, we could have nice looking maps and great shaders. It's a win win situation, except porting would require a lot of work for Badspot (unless he hired coders)

Torque is a major limitation to blockland. If Blockland was ported to a modern engine, we could have nice looking maps and great shaders. It's a win win situation, except porting would require a lot of work for Badspot (unless he hired coders)
Porting a community-driven sandbox game to a new engine isn't that simple.

if badspot knew that the engine was stuff and couldn't run the new additions very well then why the forget did he release the update

the only reason I can think is to call out the people who are like 'game looks stuff, won't buy' and tell them that there's new graphical advances, for badspot to gain more money.

if badspot knew that the engine was stuff and couldn't run the new additions very well then why the forget did he release the update
what
it can run the new additions, it's running them right now
what are you talking about

Or if Blockland was rebuilt from the ground up in its own engine coded in Visual Studio we could have amazing performance and new features.

Or if Blockland was rebuilt from the ground up in its own engine coded in Visual Studio we could have amazing performance and new features.
that would never happen
even if badspot had all ownership of any profit made he would still say no

that would never happen
even if badspot had all ownership of any profit made he would still say no
You never know, It might not even be the same Blockland.

It might be another brick based game that's the successor to Blockland, you saw he made an engine just for perenial and then used it for his super mario land remake.

It can happen, we just don't know when, it definitely wont be called Blockland 2, my bets are on Brickland or Buildland maybe even some made up word.

nice looking maps and great shaders.
Lol.

Users have already made additions like this for blockland, on the same engine.

Sorry for the doublepost all~

I don't know about you, but I've never seen people complain about sandbox games like Minecraft or Gmod being 'outdated' or anything else of that sort, because they're sandbox games, but Blockland is too so why are people bitching about it? Users can make their own content and the possibilities are practically endless. Stop whining about there being no maps when there are mods people have made where you can have the maps, like Wrapperups static bedroom for example.

The base game can only have so much content, it's up to users to make more as they please. That's simply how sandbox games work and people not being able to grasp that is honestly so irritating. If you want something in the game, make it.

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ALtDyX-kx_I/Vd7X4qRM7dI/AAAAAAAAAv0/WmJK8uC5PYA/s0/2015-08-27_04-26-50.jpg[/img

You mean those ugly as all forget landscapes and interiors, that people only used when they wernt in the mood to build on a building game, Thus spent thier time driving vehicles in circles?

Yeah, no thanks.