Blockland Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2017, 02:51:12 PM

Home Help Login Register
+  Blockland Forum
|-+  Blockland Files
| |-+  Add-Ons
| | |-+  Blockland Glass 4.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92
Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.0  (Read 105773 times)
Scout31

« August 20, 2015, 08:50:40 AM »

Blockland Glass 4

Description

Blockland Glass is a general-purpose enhancement suite focused around extending the community. Glass primarily features a mod management system and a chatroom and friends system. Other features include a required client system, backwards compatible preferences, favorite servers, server previews, and various enhancements throughout Blockland.

• Mod Manager
    The Mod Manager allows you to browse, search, and install add-ons without ever exiting Blockland. You’re able to access all add-ons upload directly to Glass, as well as search and download add-ons from the RTB 4 Archive. The Mod Manager also ensures that all of your add-ons are kept up to date, thanks to Support_Updater, and import your old RTB add-ons to be updated to the latest version.

• Glass Live
    Our social system, dubbed Glass Live, allows you to keep in touch with your friends, chat through public chatrooms or direct message, and join and invite your friends to servers.

• Preferences
    We’ve implemented our own preferences system to make up for the loss of RTB preferences. All RTB preferences are automatically imported and available to control, along with some new preference types and options

• Server Features
    Glass enables you to preview servers before you join them, viewing the server’s preview image and player list. On top of that, we allow you to mark favorite servers, giving you notifications about the server’s status and allowing you to view and join it from the main menu. Glass also allows servers to have their own custom loading screen images, similar to how maps images worked before shadows and shaders.

Screenshots

Installation

Download “System_BlocklandGlass.zip” from here and place it in “My Documents\Blockland\Add-Ons\” (Windows, non-steam) or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\Add-Ons\” (Windows, steam)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:00:50 PM by Scout31 » Logged
Ad Bot

« Full members do not see ads »

Conan

« August 20, 2015, 08:54:28 AM »

ooooooooooooo
about time one of these things replace RTB's old system.

you need some moderators to make sure addons go in the right place; a destructo wand keybind isnt a weapon nor a tool; it should go in a client mod section. Although you reduce some work by letting modders pick a place for the mods to to, you shouldnt display them till youve actually looked at them; it doesnt have to be as rigorous as rtb but at least have a visual check that the mod is placed in the right category and has all the necessary files.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:58:15 AM by Conan » Logged
PurpleMetro

« August 20, 2015, 09:58:45 AM »

sweet.

you need some moderators to make sure addons go in the right place; a destructo wand keybind isnt a weapon nor a tool; it should go in a client mod section. Although you reduce some work by letting modders pick a place for the mods to to, you shouldnt display them till youve actually looked at them; it doesnt have to be as rigorous as rtb but at least have a visual check that the mod is placed in the right category and has all the necessary files.

yeah, i'd be happy to apply if you're looking for mods
Night_Hawk

« August 20, 2015, 10:51:04 AM »

So I can use this for my vehicles, and whenever they need updates, I can find a way to update the old to new? If that's the case, will Blockland Glass be a requirement addon? Or just recommended?
Crøwn

« August 20, 2015, 12:04:52 PM »

Yay. Nice work man.
Nexus

« August 20, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »

So I can use this for my vehicles, and whenever they need updates, I can find a way to update the old to new? If that's the case, will Blockland Glass be a requirement addon? Or just recommended?

If you upload your mod to the blockland glass system, it will handle automatic updates just like rtb.
Scout31

« August 20, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »

The system has a handful of moderators and reviewers who all have access to a list of new add-ons and the ability to move them. Files are automatically checked. I do have some restructuring planned for the future, however.

Yep, updates will be automatically pushed to anyone who got your vehicle through either the in-game downloader or the website. Updates can still be done without Glass installed, assuming that the users have Greek2Me's Support_Updater installed.
Night_Hawk

« August 20, 2015, 02:41:14 PM »

Yep, updates will be automatically pushed to anyone who got your vehicle through either the in-game downloader or the website. Updates can still be done without Glass installed, assuming that the users have Greek2Me's Support_Updater installed.
Okay! I'll have to give it a shot in the future and see how it goes.
SuperSuit12

« August 20, 2015, 02:56:21 PM »

I was considering posting a "Hey where's a good RTB-ish thing for my modded server" since the original RTB went *Pthbbbbtttttttttt*
Guess I don't have to now.
darkeningnight

« August 20, 2015, 07:59:27 PM »

how could i upload an add-on to the thing
Scout31

« August 21, 2015, 09:46:32 AM »

Go to blocklandglass.com, make an account or sign in, go to "My Add-Ons", and you should find an upload button.
oilguyfakeaccount

« August 23, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »

Cool
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:13:20 PM by oilguyfakeaccount » Logged
Kyuande

« October 03, 2015, 10:29:40 AM »

Your mod is creating GuiProgressCtrls as seperate GUIs.

Greek2me

« October 03, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »

You need to advertise this a bit more so it actually gets used.
Planr

« October 04, 2015, 12:08:01 PM »

This sounds really promising. Hope this develops more and becomes better.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92  

Login with username, password and session length