Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 295238 times)

YOU CAN TURN IT OFF?!

That's been implemented since 3.0, aka when Glass Live came out. The 'settings' window is pretty useful.

>having notifications on for general discussion
there'syourproblem.jpeg

Idk, makes blockland feel more alive. But it needs to be limited to like, 1 or 2 notifications on screen.

That's been implemented since 3.0, aka when Glass Live came out. The 'settings' window is pretty useful.

Every time I start a dedicated server glass forgets all settings, including favorite servers and stuff.

doesn't it already limit the number of messages but it's some absurd number so that it doesn't go beyond the top of the screen
shouldn't it be simple to just lower that

There's a bug where if you try to type an emote in all-caps, for example, :COOLSMILE:, GlassBot gives you a warning.

Is there a way to create a link in ingame chat that when clicked, opens an addon page in the glass Mod Manager overlay? RTB used to have this feature.

Also anyone know what's causing the error "This server is running an outdated version of Support_Preferences. Please update to version 1.2.0 or higher, or expect server preferences to not work."

Idk, makes blockland feel more alive. But it needs to be limited to like, 1 or 2 notifications on screen.

Every time I start a dedicated server glass forgets all settings, including favorite servers and stuff.

will look into this when we do the next update.

There's a bug where if you try to type an emote in all-caps, for example, :COOLSMILE:, GlassBot gives you a warning.

this can be fixed on the server-side, not a major issue.

Is there a way to create a link in ingame chat that when clicked, opens an addon page in the glass Mod Manager overlay? RTB used to have this feature.

<a:glass://aid-123>Click Here</a> with '123' being the add-on ID of the add-on you want to link, you can find the add-on ID in the URL of the add-on page on the website.

Also anyone know what's causing the error "This server is running an outdated version of Support_Preferences. Please update to version 1.2.0 or higher, or expect server preferences to not work."

remove Support_Preferences and try again.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:12:41 AM by Blaze0 »

Now my server refuses to start with Glass enabled.

Datablock Report:
  Base:    424
  Paint:   441
  Add-Ons: 1480
  Music:   15
  Total:   2360

*** CREATING MISSION
*** Stage 1 create
136 environmental resource files found
Regenerating file manifest
Got 4453 items in manifest, 0 files hashed

ERROR: WebCom_PostServer() - mission is not running
BackTrace: ->ServerSettingsGui::clickLaunchGame->createServer->createMission->onMissionLoaded->webcom_postserver

[Support_Preferences] has the pref system. (version 1.2.1)
Got connect request from IPX:00000000:000000000000:0
  net name = VelocityLP
Missing clients, has Glass
Window reactivating...

Considering using this due to popular request but need to know if it'll work alongside RTB.  
I like the RTB server settings system and don't wana get rid of it at the moment.

I may get this but does it keep your previous RTB prefs and admin lists and whatnot, or does it completely throw it away / it's not compatible

I may get this but does it keep your previous RTB prefs and admin lists and whatnot, or does it completely throw it away / it's not compatible
It's 100% compatible with RTB prefs as far as i'm aware and keeps all your settings

oh thank forget

I still need a definitive opinion from Scout 31 / another dev from glass tho (unless if u are one)

when migrating from RTB to BLG on a server (as in deleting RTB completely and adding BLG instead), your RTB preferences will reset but your main server settings such as title, password, e-tard, etc and admin lists will remain -- from that point forward, any preference changes made through BLG's server preferences interface will persist.

if you can't be bothered to just change back your settings when you migrate, you can try overwriting the contents of config/server/BLPrefs/prefs.cs from config/server/rtb/modPrefs.cs

having both RTB and BLG on your game's client is fine, but while hosting a server I can't really advise having both systems at the same time (although I can't see why you would want to since we're trying to move away from RTB completely).

alternative to all of the above, below:

if you are a dedicated server operator who wishes to use functions such as registerLoadingScreen and also want to allow Glass users to view your server's player list, but do not wish to use Glass' server preferences system, we have a Glass-Lite distribution available.

Glass-Lite does not have any client functionality and is intended for dedicated servers only, it won't run if it detects a full BLG installation instead.

https://github.com/BlocklandGlass/Glass-Lite/

Alright I see

I'll migrate over to glass when I get home bbs

>you must update to current support_preferences 1.2.0
>done
>you must update to current support_preferences 1.2.0

>you do not have access to this servers' settings

10/10