Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 295269 times)

The screenshots page was in an obscure location and broke during a site migration. The new upload system has a new screenshot upload system that's part of the upload process, as well as an image generator for screenshots.

Where is the new screenshot upload system?

After you upload a file it will prompt you to add screenshots.

Planned downtime starting at 7pm EST (20 minutes from now) for a server upgrade. We've outgrown our current server and will be doubling its capacity.

edit: All maintenance finished as of 7:55pm
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 06:55:22 PM by Scout31 »

Uhh... What just happend here? All those files should still be in the zip, other than changes.txt, and namecheck.txt (which i've never put in there)

I sure hope it's just displaying what changed incorrectly. Pretty sure I didn't upload a nearly empty add-on.

I also tried to cancel the update, but when I tried to resubmit the update it said it was already pending approval...

EDIT: Looks like I accidentally changed the capitalization. I made the zip's name "Gamemode_FASTKarts" instead of "GameMode_FASTKarts". Just discovered this by noticing the file on my own website was still version 7. This has probably confused Glass as well. Not sure how it's going to turn out in Glass, but if it's messed up I'll reupload the update under the correct name.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:52:03 AM by Crispy_ »

It's been a long time since i've used Glass on another PC, what's the file name for the controls as I've forgot my custom keybind?

Uhh... What just happend here? All those files should still be in the zip, other than changes.txt, and namecheck.txt (which i've never put in there)

I sure hope it's just displaying what changed incorrectly. Pretty sure I didn't upload a nearly empty add-on.

I also tried to cancel the update, but when I tried to resubmit the update it said it was already pending approval...

EDIT: Looks like I accidentally changed the capitalization. I made the zip's name "Gamemode_FASTKarts" instead of "GameMode_FASTKarts". Just discovered this by noticing the file on my own website was still version 7. This has probably confused Glass as well. Not sure how it's going to turn out in Glass, but if it's messed up I'll reupload the update under the correct name.

Looks like it's only showing up incorrectly for folders as it's not showing any removed files (other than namecheck which is added by Glass). I'll try to fix it tomorrow if I have time.

It's been a long time since i've used Glass on another PC, what's the file name for the controls as I've forgot my custom keybind?
config/client/glass.conf

Server is offline due to an abnormally high load on it. It became unresponsive and I'm trying to diagnose the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Server is offline due to an abnormally high load on it. It became unresponsive and I'm trying to diagnose the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience.
i guess you accidentally updated to 4.04 :cookieMonster:

Getting some nasty console spam in my dedicated server. This all occured within 20 seconds or so. Any way I could lessen this console spam?

There's absolutely nothing running on the server currently and it is still reporting a 200% load and running incredibly slowly. Not sure what the cause is, still investigating.

Getting some nasty console spam in my dedicated server. This all occured within 20 seconds or so. Any way I could lessen this console spam?

Glass does not enable debugging/error reporting for TCPClient. You likely have another add-on that does. Nonetheless, the console spam is resulting from the server issues right now.

There's absolutely nothing running on the server currently and it is still reporting a 200% load and running incredibly slowly. Not sure what the cause is, still investigating.

Could it be a DDOS? Maybe something with your host. (unless you host glass' servers yourself)

Glass does not enable debugging/error reporting for TCPClient. You likely have another add-on that does. Nonetheless, the console spam is resulting from the server issues right now.
I typed TCPClient.options.printErrors = false; into console and it stopped the console spam, so at least thats settled. Though:
Code: [Select]
if(!isObject($TCPClient::DefaultOptions))
{
$TCPClient::DefaultOptions = new ScriptObject(TCPClientDefaults)
{
class = TCPClientOptions;
connectionTimeout = 20000;
connectionRetryWait = 2000;
connectionRetryCount = 1;
redirectWait = 500;
debug = false;
printErrors = true;
};
}
Looks like it's set to true as default. System_BlocklandGlass.zip/support/Support_TCPClient.cs

Only other add-ons I have is preferences, updater, new duplicator, and FASTKarts (which does not touch TCP client or is even aware of it in its code)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:08:47 PM by Crispy_ »

Could it be a DDOS? Maybe something with your host. (unless you host glass' servers yourself)
I typed TCPClient.options.printErrors = false; into console and it stopped the console spam, so at least thats settled. Though:
Code: [Select]
if(!isObject($TCPClient::DefaultOptions))
{
$TCPClient::DefaultOptions = new ScriptObject(TCPClientDefaults)
{
class = TCPClientOptions;
connectionTimeout = 20000;
connectionRetryWait = 2000;
connectionRetryCount = 1;
redirectWait = 500;
debug = false;
printErrors = true;
};
}
Looks like it's set to true as default. System_BlocklandGlass.zip/support/Support_TCPClient.cs

Only other add-ons I have is preferences, updater, new duplicator, and FASTKarts (which does not touch TCP client or is even aware of it in its code)
I'll make that a setting in the next update in that case.

I considered that it could be a DDoS and I'm in the very slow process of downloading the logs so I can see if there's anything abnormal. There was no spike in network traffic, so I initially dismissed that but now I'm taking a closer look.

I'm more inclined to believe that it's an issue with the host. I rebooted the server and the 'start' command took ~4 minutes to complete as opposed to the normal 10 seconds, and the boot process took over 25 minutes. I've opened a support ticket but haven't heard anything back.

cant go on glass website, is it down?

I finally heard from the server provider 8 hours after the issue started. Not in the form of a response to my support ticket, but instead just a mass automated email. There was a hardware issue with the VPS's hypervisor and our server was scheduled for migration 15 minutes ago, but yet still hasn't started the process.

If it's not clear, I'm very upset with the hosting provider. The entire service and subsequently the Glass Hosting business rely on their service to provide reliability, and having such a crippling issue occur for multiple servers going unnoticed for 8 hours from a company of this scale is ridiculous. On top of that, 5 hours of radio silence from their support team who could have likely resolved the issue with just a few mouse clicks.

I apologize for any inconvenience and will do my best to compensate to Glass Hosting clients after the service is restored.