Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 296018 times)

You can't include screenshots with the new website yet.

so my addon got failed and i have an update for it that fixes it
but it says i cant update it because it has an update pending?

i also cant cancel the update because half of the website is broken:

If it was failed during the submission process, you need to resubmit it.

I've implemented Jettison

The new version? I'll have to try it out.

It was pretty straight forward. Code like this:

Code: [Select]
%json = parseJSON(%raw);

became

Code: [Select]
jettisonParse(%raw);
%json = $JSON::Value;

I also wrote my own JettisonObject::get() function since it didn't include one, but had a ::set() function. Checking object types is different. Other than that, it took only half an hour at most to implement it and debug.

That's up to whoever is making it. Although there are some add-ons you can't really 'take a picture' of.

Every add-on can and should have screenshots.

Based on some personal circumstances (moving across the county, college), I'm going to have to change hosting providers. Doing so, I'd rather just go ahead and end support for the old site during that transition so that it simplifies everything. Plus, the new site is made to essentially install itself whereas the old one will be a huge hassle to move. Unfortunately, that means Glass 2 would need to be ready for deployment, which it certainly is not. I'm going to try to cram out as much of it as I can before the end of the month, but I may look at doing essentially a full public beta. The situation really isn't ideal, but I cant afford an expanded server space to support both sites simultaneously on my budget.

Thank you for that incredibly constructive post. I'm sorry to inform you that RTB has been shut down for quite some time and is no longer functioning. Sorry about that.

Thank you for that incredibly constructive post. I'm sorry to inform you that RTB has been shut down for quite some time and is no longer functioning. Sorry about that.
still functions for me

im gonna use tbm then

still functions for me
you can't download or upload addons, go on IRC, add friends, any of that stuff
all you can do with RTB is use preferences which is the only reason that i still have it

still functions for me
Yup, gotta love those 'can't connect' messages working exactly as intended.

I've pushed Alpha 3 on to the beta branch

Notable changes:
  • Jettison
    I've updated the jettison library to the supposedly more efficient version. I'm not sure what benefits we'll experience, but there may still be some bugs that I didn't catch myself
  • Font Change
    The font is now Verdana, meaning users no longer need to download it. Using a custom font was way too much of a hassle and just didn't work
  • Activity Feed
    The last one was ugly. There's a picture of the new one a few posts back
  • Comments
    Add-on comments now load and render. You can't leave a comment yet, but that's next
  • Stats
    They really do work now
  • Preferences
    These need some testing now, the new version is out on the updater, meaning the old client is broken. Woo.

Again, there's other smaller changes that I can't remember but will make things work better.

Please note that this is an alpha version. During alphas, features are not complete. Alphas are typically released to receive early feedback on features so that fundamental changes can be made sooner rather than later. If you're not willing to run in to broken features and occasional bugs, do not install it. That being said, I believe this alpha to be relatively stable.

Direct Download
Page on Blockland Glass

There's some scheduled downtime at 10:00 pm EST. Hope this doesn't impact anyone.

All done. Glass 2 has now been moved to my new VPS. Glass 1 will be back up shortly.

edit: Original glass site is back online. As there's a DNS change, it may take some time for you to receive that change. If your browser still directs you to the "old" glass 2 site, I've set up a redirect to vps.blocklandglass.com but don't bookmark that or anything, it'll be down in a few days after the transition is complete.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:51:00 PM by Scout31 »