Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 295890 times)

When an add-on is updated and new files were added, it says the new files that were added, but it doesn't actually display the code in them anywhere.

Searching also works fine for me. I don't crash at all.
The mod manager does timeout if you stay on one page for too long though.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:21:32 AM by jes00 »

When I try and type in "legacy doors" into blockland glass mod manager, the game crashes. It freezes at "le" and a windows error sound is heard.

wtf?

Weird. It also crashes for me if I search "Le" but not other things. Searching "Po" also crashed me.

Blockland Glass also spams "Error connecting: Resource temporarily unavailable" in the console about every second.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:29:23 PM by jes00 »

I'll work on the site stuff that you recommended this afternoon. I fixed the search problem, it was caused by the add-on descriptions being included in the search results, which surpassed Torque's 4k string limit when there's 10 add-ons being returned.

Console spam should be gone. For some reason, I don't get an error message when it's unable to connect. The notification server went down at some point, just needed a restart.

Has anyone figured out where said string limit actually applies? For example my dup change log is a lot longer than that and loads fine.

Whenever I try to echo a long string it certainly happens. I believe some functions that jettison uses also causes it to happen, but I'm not sure.

Have you relooked at decals at all?  Sorry I don't mean to be naggy I just would really like to upload them haha

I'm still getting the console spam.

EDIT: It stopped now for some reason.

DOUBLE EDIT: I don't know. Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:59:08 AM by jes00 »

I was working on an add-on just there and just realised you should add a check when Blockland Glass is enabled server side to make sure an Add-Ons/System_ReturntoBlockland/server.cs file exists and if not create one. The register pref function is never going to be called on old RTB mods if that file does not exist and therefore cannot be imported into Glass' prefs and it would be fair to assume that when people install Glass they very well later may remove the RTB folder from their add-ons because they don't need it anymore.

It doesn't need to contain anything it just needs to be there.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:47:35 AM by Danny Boy »

It's already a thing.

Doesn't happen for me. I have to manually create one for my prefs to work.

When the mod manager tries to download RTB add-ons that have been reclaimed, they just sit there waiting and don't download.

I also can't download add-ons in the RTB archive from the website. It says safari can't establish a secure connection to the server.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:43:35 AM by jes00 »

I must've accidentally changed the RTB links to https, I'll fix that in a second.

Does a messagebox come up when the RTB reclaims come up?

It should be doing it. What version of preferences do you have?

Does a messagebox come up when the RTB reclaims come up?
Yeah.

Something that has happened to me for about a year now is that if new folders need to be created it gives a ResManager error and doesnt create the folder(s) and obviously not the file. Luckily I have been playing for a few years on the same installation folder so I have accumulated a lot of necessary folders for popular mods and create new ones. But still gg badspot for not fixing a crippling bug even though I have reported it multiple times and it happens to others too.