Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 295234 times)

Can you take down the addon I uploaded?
https://blocklandglass.com/user/view.php?blid=26459
Its pretty stuff

That's your user profile, and you have many addons uploaded. Which addon of these do you mean?

That's your user profile, and you have many addons uploaded. Which addon of these do you mean?
Fixed
Also I only have 1 addon uploaded to BL Glass

Can you take down the addon I uploaded?
https://blocklandglass.com/addons/addon.php?id=409
Its pretty stuff
Looks like Jincux will have to do that, I can't.

Delete button doesn't seem to do anything though not sure if it's just broken or not finished but I've tried to delete an add-on of my own before.

I've updated the site with a whole bunch of possible fixes to the uploading file system, I'm not sure if it'll resolve the problem but it should.

Edit:

I just released an update to Glass, 3.0.7, and all worked fine, so I assumed other add-on updates should be fine too. Just a general QOL and bug fix update thanks entirely to Paperwork.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:01:21 PM by Scout31 »

I've updated the site with a whole bunch of possible fixes to the uploading file system, I'm not sure if it'll resolve the problem but it should.
I still get "bool(false)"

Thanks. I'll look to see what specifically is causing that.
I checked now after a couple of weeks and it looked better, but now it got other errors:
Code: [Select]
<span class="mu_global">$InputTarget_[<span class="mu_text">"</span>;Self"</span>] = <span class="mu_local">%brick</span>;</span>What I see is the semicolon before the name. I see a nestling of tags where they should probably not be.
https://blocklandglass.com/addons/review/code.php?id=411

Keep up the good work. It looks really great.

Blockland Glass
3.0.6 to 3.0.7

Features
  • MM Add-Ons page now has unique icons for each individual board ().
  • Server settings button in Admin Menu now redirects to Glass Preferences on a server with Glass installed (colors button blue).
  • Friend online/offline notifications.
  • Glass MM 'My Add-Ons' page now displays enabled/disabled add-ons properly, and now includes mouse hover highlighting.
  • Users can now hide Glass Chat "user has entered/left the room" messages from their client (check settings).

Fixes
  • Added disconnected cleanup.
  • Adding/removing friends now updates better on the client.
  • Changing your keybind no longer requires a restart for it to take effect.
  • Version information is now displayed properly from the Glass MM 'My Add-Ons' page for BLG add-ons.
  • Glass MM 'My Add-Ons' page now displays enabled/disabled add-ons properly, and now includes mouse hover highlighting.
  • Friend requests will no longer bug out on the client and are removed properly when accepting/declining.
  • Empty boards will no longer display a phantom add-on (Sounds board had this issue) in MM.
  • MM error reports now write correctly to the /config/client/BLG folder.

next update will include the ability to turn off the glass startup notification, friend added/removed notifications, ability to message anyone in the chatroom (the lack of this ability is actually a bug) and some other bug fixes.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 09:44:38 PM by Paperwork »

I checked now after a couple of weeks and it looked better, but now it got other errors:
Code: [Select]
<span class="mu_global">$InputTarget_[<span class="mu_text">"</span>;Self"</span>] = <span class="mu_local">%brick</span>;</span>What I see is the semicolon before the name. I see a nestling of tags where they should probably not be.
https://blocklandglass.com/addons/review/code.php?id=411

Keep up the good work. It looks really great.
I haven't touched this much since then, I've been focusing on Glass Hosting as there's a greater need for that and it'll actually end up paying to keep the Glass servers themselves up.

I still get "bool(false)"
What page exactly is this on? I've looked through the entire update scripts and classes and nothing simply returns false, it may be a page you're redirected to.

Yeah decals still don't work.

It's obvious that you're just trying to help the community by filling the steps of RTB.  And I'm not usually one to like criticize and stuff all over something like this. But come on..  With a system like this, shouldn't you make sure the Add-On upload and download works flawlessly before you even think about adding other features? This has been broken for like a month and it can't be a hard fix if other add-ons work. Yet you're adding useless features like Chat that nobody even needs with stuff like Steam being so widespread. Make sure your add-on uploading service allows people to upload their add-ons before you mess around with other crap.

Also, why do you even categorize Decals in a weird subcategory?  Add-On, Client, and Other?  What is the point of the Other category?  "colorsets, sounds, prints, or anything that isn't a normal add-on".. Those are all normal add-ons lol..  Just have one upload spot that works so it's less confusing for uploaders. If you're going to categorize uploads at least do a proper job with "Weapons, Tools, Vehicles, Bricks, Colorsets, Prints, Decals, ect."

Yeah decals still don't work.

It's obvious that you're just trying to help the community by filling the steps of RTB.  And I'm not usually one to like criticize and stuff all over something like this. But come on..  With a system like this, shouldn't you make sure the Add-On upload and download works flawlessly before you even think about adding other features? This has been broken for like a month and it can't be a hard fix if other add-ons work. Yet you're adding useless features like Chat that nobody even needs with stuff like Steam being so widespread. Make sure your add-on uploading service allows people to upload their add-ons before you mess around with other crap.

Also, why do you even categorize Decals in a weird subcategory?  Add-On, Client, and Other?  What is the point of the Other category?  "colorsets, sounds, prints, or anything that isn't a normal add-on".. Those are all normal add-ons lol..  Just have one upload spot that works so it's less confusing for uploaders. If you're going to categorize uploads at least do a proper job with "Weapons, Tools, Vehicles, Bricks, Colorsets, Prints, Decals, ect."
The system wasn't originally designed to work with decals, and I don't have an environment where I'm able to do local testing. When the site released, uploading worked fine. I've had to deal with my personal circumstances changing significantly since then, as well as switching hosts and undergoing major updates to the frameworks Glass is built off of. Everything since that has been blind attempts to fix bugs in a live environment, so my work is limited to mostly single-line changes.

Categorization is a stuff show due to split haphazard development. Glass 1 had more distinct categories, but that led us to the problem of having boards that only had a single add-on, add-ons that could've fit in multiple, and add-ons that fit in none. I intended to finish that tag system, which would've provided very effective sorting, but at this point I believe it's better to re-implement Glass 1's system with some small tweaks as opposed to coming up with our own categorization system.

I agree that a service that has it's core in add-on hosting should be able to do just that. I'm fairly ashamed that it doesn't, but I'm not personally in a place where I'm able to make sweeping changes overnight to remedy it. I will, eventually, but it will take some time. When I started Glass, I intended for it to be a community project which is why every piece of it is available on GitHub. I realize now that Blockland's development community really isn't large enough for that, but I didn't start Glass with the intention to do it alone. Now that Paperwork is pretty much an official developer of the add-on side of things, that frees me up to tackle site issues. I've made Glass Hosting a priority for this month because there's actually a large need for a hosting service now that there's none, and because it'll offset the cost of hosting Glass; this isn't free, it's all coming out of my pocket for the time being. I'm fine with that, but if there's an opportunity to make this service self-sustaining while aiding the community, that's one that I'll take.

I don't see why everyone has a beef with the categories RTB had just because RTB died. They worked really well.

I haven't touched this much since then, I've been focusing on Glass Hosting as there's a greater need for that and it'll actually end up paying to keep the Glass servers themselves up.
No rush! I just wanted to let you know so you could put it way down on your todo-list. Unless you want someone else to poke into it. As I mentioned to one of you, my offer to help is still open.

I'm still getting bool(false) too.

I clicked upload.
Selected Add-On.
Filled in the stuff.
Clicked Upload File.
Get sent to a blank page with the text "bool(false)".

The issue has been fixed, there was a problem with a MySQL table that didn't keep compatibility between versions.

I cant update my add-ons

I press "update", fill the text boxes, submit the update, then it brings me to a page where both changed file boxes are empty and the only button I can click is "Cancel Update" which displays this and only this:
array(2) { ["aid"]=> string(3) "206" ["action"]=> string(13) "Cancel Update" }

Also I cant seem to find a way to change my name.

Also there seems to be no support for giant packs. Having to upload all of my More Default Prints separately is not only annoying for me, the add-on maker, but annoying for the players if they wanted the full pack. This gets worse, as if I wanted to upload my DeathMatch GameMode to glass, I'd have to upload all 31 of my DM maps as separate files. Also is there music support?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:07:09 AM by Crispy_ »