Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 296066 times)

you're going to need to be more specific:
is this glass settings we're talking about here (on your client in the overlay), or actual server preferences e.g. accessed from the blockland administration menu.

you will also need to go in-game, access the console, type echo($BLPrefs::Version); if it is the server preferences you're talking about and tell me what it echoes back.
hey, you reminded me I posted this
1.1.1-beta
I deleted support_preferences from my addons folder to see if that helped

EDIT: oh I have a symlink between two addon folders but that shouldn't do anything since this happens even in the non-symlinked copy

hey, you reminded me I posted this
1.1.1-beta
I deleted support_preferences from my addons folder to see if that helped

EDIT: oh I have a symlink between two addon folders but that shouldn't do anything since this happens even in the non-symlinked copy

delete all Support_Preferences files in both folders (you're running a broken version - you need to be on 1.2.0 not 1.1.*), re-download System_BlocklandGlass.

you do not need to do anything else, try again after the above has been completed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:05:48 PM by Paperwork »

delete all Support_Preferences files in both folders (you're running a broken version - you need to be on 1.2.0 not 1.1.*), re-download System_BlocklandGlass.

you do not need to do anything else, try again after the above has been completed.
I already deleted support_preferences and it works fine
I thought I'd already tried that :P
it works now

Been a while since I've complained about this  :cookieMonster:

A long time ago while having trouble uploading decals because they were "Missing required files" you guys suggested I put empty Json files in my zip to replace the glass.json and version.json files it possibly believes that I need.  I never actually got around to trying that until now

Yeah it still doesn't work.

Should I just assume I will never be able to host my content on this service and give up? lol..
It's unfortunate because I just kinda got the itch to play Blockland again and I'd really like players who already own my stuff to get it updated.  While having a website to host all my content solves the issue of people not being able to find or download it, it doesn't solve the problem of reminding people there is an update.  I highly doubt anyone is checking my website regularly for updates.  I'd love to be able to host my stuff here so people get updates automatically.

However, for several months now you guys still haven't bothered to fix what I assume is a tiny bug.  Probably just a couple lines of code telling the uploader that some totally unnecessary file is required to launch.  Again, I know you said in the past you didn't actually know what a decal zip requires, all a decal or face mod requires to work are the Png files of the decals in the main folder of the Zip, along side a folder named "thumb" that has smaller versions of the decals with the same name.  Really, your site should not even be checking for anything at all.  I assume since decals can have literally any name in order to work it would be pointless for the code to be searching for anything in specific.

Please please please just look at this :(  I assume it'd take like 5 minutes to find and fix tops.  I know you have spent a lot more time than that implementing luxury features that we don't actually need for a mod manager service.  A feature we do actually need, however, is for all add-ons to be able to upload.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:15:04 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

The site is in a really awkward place right now. We have a big update to the add-on (v4.0) almost ready, however this requires some changes to the API on the site, dubbed API v3. API v3 is bundled with a whole bunch of site overhauls, including an entirely new upload system that's been rewritten from scratch, as well as numerous other changes that can be seen on the test website. I also decided to restructure all of the site code, which at the time broke pretty much everything.

I can't push the site changes until the add-on is ready and the add-on update can't come out until the site is ready. I made the necessary changes on the development branch awhile ago assuming that it would go live soon at the time, but I didn't think we'd end up in this sort of impasse with both sides of the project waiting on each other.

This is really something that I should have taken care of over a year ago and I apologize that the necessary changes got stuck up in the rest of the work we've been doing. I'll hotfix the live site when I get a chance tomorrow morning.

A long time ago while having trouble uploading decals because they were "Missing required files" you guys suggested I put empty Json files in my zip to replace the glass.json and version.json files it possibly believes that I need.  I never actually got around to trying that until now

you must have a description.txt and not have any executable files in the zip (no server.cs and/or client.cs); I don't remember us ever suggesting to add or replace json files, but I do remember suggesting that a blank client.cs is added, however, that is no longer the case and was only a workaround for a temporary problem which I fixed on November 5th.

the decal/print upload validation doesn't care about anything else as long as the above criteria is matched.

If you guys dont mind, I have some quick suggestions/requests:

Ditch the requirement for addons to have specific files. Reviewers will know if it's something that is bad or not an addon.

Add a gamemode maps section. Putting the maps in the gamemodes section doesnt seem like the best option.

Nice to see this still being actively worked on.

If you guys dont mind, I have some quick suggestions/requests:

Ditch the requirement for addons to have specific files. Reviewers will know if it's something that is bad or not an addon.

Add a gamemode maps section. Putting the maps in the gamemodes section doesnt seem like the best option.

Nice to see this still being actively worked on.

everything is getting re-organized manually when the new site update comes out, these are our current categories on the test site.
I also agree with getting rid of the validation entirely and having Mod Reviewer's assess the add-on themselves, though I do believe every add-on should atleast have a description.txt.

I also agree with getting rid of the validation entirely and having Mod Reviewer's assess the add-on themselves, though I do believe every add-on should atleast have a description.txt.
Speedkart tracks dont require a description.txt, and the default ones dont even have them. The only thing really required for a speedkart track is the save.bls.

The site is in a really awkward place right now. We have a big update to the add-on (v4.0) almost ready, however this requires some changes to the API on the site, dubbed API v3. API v3 is bundled with a whole bunch of site overhauls, including an entirely new upload system that's been rewritten from scratch, as well as numerous other changes that can be seen on the test website. I also decided to restructure all of the site code, which at the time broke pretty much everything.

I can't push the site changes until the add-on is ready and the add-on update can't come out until the site is ready. I made the necessary changes on the development branch awhile ago assuming that it would go live soon at the time, but I didn't think we'd end up in this sort of impasse with both sides of the project waiting on each other.

This is really something that I should have taken care of over a year ago and I apologize that the necessary changes got stuck up in the rest of the work we've been doing. I'll hotfix the live site when I get a chance tomorrow morning.
sick <3

you must have a description.txt and not have any executable files in the zip (no server.cs and/or client.cs); I don't remember us ever suggesting to add or replace json files, but I do remember suggesting that a blank client.cs is added, however, that is no longer the case and was only a workaround for a temporary problem which I fixed on November 5th.

the decal/print upload validation doesn't care about anything else as long as the above criteria is matched.
Maybe I'm dumb and remembered it wrong, very possible.  I guess I will try a description.txt file and remove the json files.  I just remember it being Json files because the only decals that are actually on the site (somehow, have no idea how they were uploaded) have json files.

Edit: wow I'm an idiot.  Sorry I'm the worst lol.  It seems to have worked with the description.txt
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 01:18:07 AM by Jay the Cartoonist »

Can I ask why there are no pictures for any add-one? Well RTB site had pictures for most of add-ons

Can I ask why there are no pictures for any add-one? Well RTB site had pictures for most of add-ons
The screenshots page was in an obscure location and broke during a site migration. The new upload system has a new screenshot upload system that's part of the upload process, as well as an image generator for screenshots.

Unfortunately, an error with the Glass Live database configuration caused the database to not persist after a server restart as it was kept in memory and not saved to disk. We've already fixed the error and deployed a patch, however all friends lists and icons have been reset. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Remove Glassbot. Or at least have users who continuously spam BLG banned.

these are our current categories
Will there be a vehicles section?

Also, as a total offtopic and not 100% necessary, would it be possible to also include the addon descriptions for the RTB archive section?  Currently I use Glass or Swollow's archives to find the addon and orbs to actually figure out if I need it.  It would be wonderful if everything was consolidated tho.

Good work on Glass everyone!  Honestly so nice to have this kind of service again.