Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 294788 times)

You wouldn't have any of these problems if you had one mod like RTB instead of splitting it in 3 different ones for no reason.

There was a reason, once upon a time, but then no other preference manager involved ever surfaced. There was a bit of protest when I started deviating from Support_Updater when working on v4.0, and the next update is integrating Support_Preferences a lot more seamlessly. The add-ons are even packaged together, the only difference is namespace.

It's incredibly frustrating to work with and it really just seems to confuse everybody.

I have no idea what this means.
The version of support preferences downloaded off of glass/elsewhere is a corrupted unopenable zip on at the very least windows 10 systems. no other zip downloaded from glass exhibits this property.

something is up with the copy hosted on your servers - you need to remove/replace it probably. im honestly surprised it still works given that its unopenable, and cant really think of a reason why.

You could just integrate it completely and delete any separate ones on start. There's noone else using it so it's unlikely anyone will even notice

The version of support preferences downloaded off of glass/elsewhere is a corrupted unopenable zip on at the very least windows 10 systems. no other zip downloaded from glass exhibits this property.

something is up with the copy hosted on your servers - you need to remove/replace it probably. im honestly surprised it still works given that its unopenable, and cant really think of a reason why.
Just downloaded it and opened it with no issue on two Windows 10 devices only using Windows Explorer. If you're talking about the file that Glass automatically generates, that's meant to be corrupted as it's an empty file that only exists to trick Support_Updater in to believing the add-on is independently installed instead of being packaged with Glass.

so any ideas to fix? removing glass until next update (meh)?

Check if you have both an unzipped and zipped copy.
If you do, delete the unzipped copy.

removing bl glass fixed the thing

You wouldn't have any of these problems if you had one mod like RTB instead of splitting it in 3 different ones for no reason.

There's a few reasons for keeping the updater separate:

1) If you mess up an update somehow, and Glass no longer works, you can still update it again. Not possible with an integrated updater. It's nice to have a safety net.
 2) This allows people without BLG to still receive updates to add-ons that they've downloaded.
 3) Consistency. Lots of people use it. (many more than use BLG)
 4) It just works. I daresay it's the best update system we've seen in Blockland. Although I might be biased :)

Sure, but RTB also worked just fine.
I don't remember it ever breaking itself, and you won't need a separate updater if everyone uses it.

Our server provider has notified us of maintenance starting at 1:00 AM EST (06:00 UTC) on March 30th, lasting no more than an hour. They're working on network, and apparently there may be an increase of packet drops and latency during this time.

Our server provider has notified us of maintenance starting at 1:00 AM EST (06:00 UTC) on March 30th, lasting no more than an hour. They're working on network, and apparently there may be an increase of packet drops and latency during this time.
How embarassing.
So that's why I can't connect to Glass Live.

How embarassing.
So that's why I can't connect to Glass Live.
Looks like the network outage caused the Glass Live server to crash, it's back up now.

Why is it you have to enable glass every time you start a server and it's not on by default after enabling it once?

Why is it you have to enable glass every time you start a server and it's not on by default after enabling it once?
I was just about to ask this too, must not save state.