Author Topic: How does collision work?  (Read 795 times)

I'm a complete noob to making vehicles. And there's a lot I want to make. Such as the Hudson Hornet, such as. And the only question I have is, how does collision work? (in dumbed-downed terms :P)
My question:(s?)
  • How do the bones work?
  • How to make the collision box correctly

Thanks for the help in advance ^0^

This is the sort of thing that you would want to post somewhere in the Blockland Modification Forums.

Try one of these three sections:
Modification Discussion
Coding Help
General Modification Help

You'll be more likely to get help from people that actually know how these things work if you look there.

Collision is the event that Enables you to walk through a brick, a vehicle will fall down through its spawn when collison is off

Collision is the event that Enables you to walk through a brick, a vehicle will fall down through its spawn when collison is off
i don't think that answers his question

This is the sort of thing that you would want to post somewhere in the Blockland Modification Forums.

Try one of these three sections:
Modification Discussion
Coding Help
General Modification Help

You'll be more likely to get help from people that actually know how these things work if you look there.
i also don't think this is where you would post this
i think this goes in both sections

i also don't think this is where you would post this
i think this goes in both sections
it's modification, so probably belongs in the modification part of the forums

and I don't think vehicles have bones, just a collision box(es)
and probably would've seen the post describing how to do it if it were in the right section
Now, for collision. This has to be a low poly outline of your model, preferably just a cube. And in order for it to work you must make a new empty and name it Col0. Then parent your cube to Col0 and parent Col0 to shape. If you don't know what i'm talking about go to the weapons/items chapter.
Make sure you name your cube Col, I don't know why but the game will start complaining in the console that it needs to be named Col, or LosCol. It does no harm but people don't like having console spam in their console.

That's the bit that always gets me. The empty. How to forget does the empty work?