Author Topic: Blender->Blockland workflow  (Read 1208 times)

Pending Port finishing his DTS exporter for the most recent blender version, I was curious - what is the most productive workflow from blender to blockland?

Do you guys work in the most recent version, export to a legacy blend and then export using 2.49b? Or do you think it's easier to work entirely in 2.49b?

Advice/comments?

I've never used 2.49b to model, only export.

don't even try to model in 2.49b, from my experience it is a huge pain in the ass

I've been making models in v2.49 for 5 years. I see no point in using the new version until the new exporter is finished.

I've been making models in v2.49 for 5 years. I see no point in using the new version until the new exporter is finished.
Because the old version is stuff has a much more confusing UI and IIRC doesn't support N-gons.

Because the old version is stuff and has a much more confusing UI and IIRC doesn't support N-gons.
fixed

I think the newest version of Blender has a better workflow than v2.49b. The old version of Blender has less useful features for modeling and such, so right now I'd recommend only using the old version for exporting.

the old blender was trash

the UI sucked, the controls made no sense

the controls still make no sense but at least the UI is better

Model in sketchup, dae2obj in blender, process and export in Milkshape.

Blender is too confusing of an environment for me.

don't even try to model in 2.49b, from my experience it is a huge pain in the ass

Once you understand the old UI (which isn't even that different from the new UI), creating blockland models in either Blender version is about the same.

Also if you can learn the new Blender then you can learn the old Blender.

Of course the new Blender will always be better, but you guys make is sound like the old one is unusable lol
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:25:07 PM by ArmyUnit »