Peggy Footsteps - A Dynamic Footstep Add-On - Now on Blockland Glass

Author Topic: Peggy Footsteps - A Dynamic Footstep Add-On - Now on Blockland Glass  (Read 15162 times)

I like it, but please add an option to disable the water sounds—they're very obnoxious.

I added an RTB pref to disable the swimming sounds without disabling the rest of the footsteps (I'm pretty sure this is what you are referring to). I also changed the swimming sound to no longer idle. Thanks for the reception.

Add RTB prefs to maybe set what colors play what sounds. Also add RTB prefs to set the velocity necessary for the 'running' sounds to be used

Code: [Select]
datablock AudioProfile(step_swimming5) { fileName = "./sounds/swimming/swimmingR05.wav"; description = AudioClosest3d; preload = true; };
datablock AudioProfile(step_swimming5) { fileName = "./sounds/swimming/swimmingR05.wav"; description = AudioClosest3d; preload = true; };
C&P is kill

What about footsteps on metal?
Maybe you should make multiple sets

Add RTB prefs to maybe set what colors play what sounds. Also add RTB prefs to set the velocity necessary for the 'running' sounds to be used
I added the pref for changing what speed you need to go to be 'running'. I won't add the other other pref, it would be very complicated and I feel that it's not necessary enough for me to include it.

Man, I like this mod, but whenever I enable the rest of my custom add-ons, don't get to hear anything. Hata's footsteps did play sounds along with the rest of my add-ons enabled.

EDIT: I've figured out what mod somehow prevents this from playing the SFX, it's Server_3DHealthBar, either way, is there a way to make the 3D Health Bar mod compatible?
I have no clue why there would be a conflict there. I don't have a fix for this problem, sorry.

Code: [Select]
C&P is kill
You got me, I fixed it. I'm sorry I was depriving you all of one extra sound effect. There is now the full 6 sounds for swimming.

Dude I can't just make these sound effects, I have to find decent ones and edit them. If you could somehow provide me with the sounds I might be able to add them, but there would be no good way for even detecting if the brick color equals metal. Grey already plays stone, and Browns already play wood. The only way I can think of is by seeing if the brick has a chrome or pearl color fx on it, but I'm not even sure how to do that.

Well, this is great and all but i think ill stick to Zapk's footstep mod, it appears it has more flexibility than this by far, which includes a lot of the stuff people requested here, still though good job.

Well, this is great and all but i think ill stick to Zapk's footstep mod, it appears it has more flexibility than this by far, which includes a lot of the stuff people requested here, still though good job.
I didn't realize that Zapk has a footstep mod. I wouldn't even be making this if I knew that.
I do believe Zapk makes some very quality add-ons; would you mind sending a link to the download or describing the reasons his is better?

I didn't realize that Zapk has a footstep mod. I wouldn't even be making this if I knew that.
I do believe Zapk makes some very quality add-ons; would you mind sending a link to the download or describing the reasons his is better?
Basically it has the core features everyone would probably want.

Setting material by color via command while having the color selected on the paint can
an assortment of sounds, all of which taken from source games, like half life 2, probably over 15 sound sets i think.
optional footprints, which are set by material
etc

Currently it's tied into a RP Chat he created, but he's going to make it a separate add-on like he did with the text-signs add-on.

Mt grey space station now sounds like if I have stone floors...

I don't think this is for everyone.

I guess there's a ton of different footsteps add-ons that were made.
The only one I was aware of was the one made by Port.

I really would love to download this, but I will after this gets solved.
Man, I like this mod, but whenever I enable the rest of my custom add-ons, don't get to hear anything. Hata's footsteps did play sounds along with the rest of my add-ons enabled.

EDIT: I've figured out what mod somehow prevents this from playing the SFX, it's Server_3DHealthBar, either way, is there a way to make the 3D Health Bar mod compatible?

I guess there's a ton of different footsteps add-ons that were made.
The only one I was aware of was the one made by Port.

I've made like 4 (for some reason)

This is what the newest one is like: https://youtu.be/tMeylIyvugQ

Basically it has the core features everyone would probably want.

Setting material by color via command while having the color selected on the paint can
This feature has been added to my Add-On.

I really would love to download this, but I will after this gets solved.
I'm sorry, I can't fix this (see the OP). Note that this add-on isn't effecting any others, it's the 3D health bar that breaks mine.

Mt grey space station now sounds like if I have stone floors...

I don't think this is for everyone.
Hey guys, there's now metal SFX in my Add-On, I hope you find this to solve your problems. Check out the OP on how to playback sounds as of the new update.

I've made like 4 (for some reason)

This is what the newest one is like: https://youtu.be/tMeylIyvugQ

Port, you are a fantastic coder. I wanted to tell you that, even though you probably get that from everyone. The things I've seen you do are always so clean and pretty. Also that specific footstep add-on is fantastic sounding; I love the landing from a jump SFX!

Can you make it so that stuff is ranges instead of set values so it works better with colorsets? (If it already does this you can call me an idiot)