Peggy Footsteps - A Dynamic Footstep Add-On - Now on Blockland Glass

Author Topic: Peggy Footsteps - A Dynamic Footstep Add-On - Now on Blockland Glass  (Read 15160 times)

Can you make it so that stuff is ranges instead of set values so it works better with colorsets? (If it already does this you can call me an idiot)

It is by default going through a range of qualifiers (for instance, certain mixes of red with value of green less than blue makes the dirt footstep play), but you have the ability to make a set value if you think that the color shouldn't play what it does. I have tested it with three very different colorsets and it works for the most part (but that's why you can overwrite now).
You aren't an idiot, it's good that you know what your after.

I've made like 4 (for some reason)

This is what the newest one is like: https://youtu.be/tMeylIyvugQ

yo

you gonna release that

Well, I'm giving up 3D health bar for this mod. I don't mind the conflicts with 3D health bar since I'm going to remove it.

Keep it going! This mod is great!

Port, you are a fantastic coder. I wanted to tell you that, even though you probably get that from everyone. The things I've seen you do are always so clean and pretty. Also that specific footstep add-on is fantastic sounding; I love the landing from a jump SFX!

Well thank you so much
The sounds are from Titanfall

yo

you gonna release that

well that footstep mod was made for a gamemode (which, by the way never got anywhere because of Blockland bugs) to the extent that its code is embedded inside of the gamemode and uses gamemode properties directly (that is, the material attribute of the space station building brick datablocks) which means that it wouldn't work outside of it without heavy modifications/new things to be implemented (such as a dynamic material table)

short answer: the code for it is out there but I'm not going to be the one to rip it out
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:32:11 PM by portify »

I'm sorry, I can't fix this (see the OP). Note that this add-on isn't effecting any others, it's the 3D health bar that breaks mine.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. You keep up the good work, though.

Quickedit:
Well, I'm giving up 3D health bar for this mod.

This, but it make is more realistic for my server! :D

Quickedit 2: It'll be quicker if there were rtb preps for this. Your choice, though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 05:46:37 PM by Ryan Crowlife »

The /SetColorToSound command only works once, and you can't set any more colors to sounds
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:07:39 AM by DerpDerp »

It is by default going through a range of qualifiers (for instance, certain mixes of red with value of green less than blue makes the dirt footstep play), but you have the ability to make a set value if you think that the color shouldn't play what it does. I have tested it with three very different colorsets and it works for the most part (but that's why you can overwrite now).
You aren't an idiot, it's good that you know what your after.
I didn't say I was an idiot, I said you could call me one. :)
I act like an idiot sometimes, though.
Also, I can't set more than one color to sound either.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:08:24 AM by SuperSuit12 »

I didn't say I was an idiot, I said you could call me one. :)
I act like an idiot sometimes, though.
Also, I can't set more than one color to sound either.
The /SetColorToSound command only works once, and you can't set any more colors to sounds
I fixed it. I'm sorry I missed something that obvious. You can now set as many colors to custom sounds as you please. Or at least 3, because that's how many I tested.

well that footstep mod was made for a gamemode (which, by the way never got anywhere because of Blockland bugs) to the extent that its code is embedded inside of the gamemode and uses gamemode properties directly (that is, the material attribute of the space station building brick datablocks) which means that it wouldn't work outside of it without heavy modifications/new things to be implemented (such as a dynamic material table)

short answer: the code for it is out there but I'm not going to be the one to rip it out

if you can send the gamemode my way I'll take a shot at it

Can someone rip those bricks while your at it as well?

That is if your ok with that port.
I already did that over a year ago haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaqc6vnnstt10zp/Brick_SS13.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:04:32 PM by halonerfer29 »

Lava doesn't kill me with this enabled.
Wha... What... Why?
Why would this even... Why?
Peggy, what did you do? Why would a footsteps mod make lava like normal water?

Lava doesn't kill me with this enabled.

I'm experiencing this bug as well, this should be an easy patch anyway right?