Peggy Footsteps - A Dynamic Footstep Add-On - Now on Blockland Glass

Author Topic: Peggy Footsteps - A Dynamic Footstep Add-On - Now on Blockland Glass  (Read 15158 times)

Lava doesn't kill me with this enabled.
Wha... What... Why?
Why would this even... Why?
Peggy, what did you do? Why would a footsteps mod make lava like normal water?
I wasn't aware that this was a bug, and I didn't see any problems with my code so I didn't know how to begin fixing it.
I thought maybe it could have been another error like the hatmod, so I ignored it.
But then...

I'm experiencing this bug as well, this should be an easy patch anyway right?

And so I looked at the code and thought I found something wrong,
Code: [Select]
::onEnterLiquid(%data,%obj)I was right; It needed to be this,
Code: [Select]
::onEnterLiquid(%data,%obj, %cov, %type)   
The patch is applied, go ahead and re-download it and you should find your is problem fixed.

Thanks.
Also, it appears that your name scheme for sounds has resulted in a number of sounds being labelled "STONER" (Every sound has R or W, and those are the stone sounds for gray bricks.) I was confused as to what addon had added these sounds until I realized that it was Stone R 01 not Stoner 01, since there was also GRASSR 01 and STONEW 01.

A more dynamic footstep mod that uses color/colorfx to determine basic material type instead of events.

I love it!

How about making a "squishing" sound for when walking over undulo bricks that are transparent? (jello bricks/blood)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:59:08 PM by Goth77 »

I found another issue, none of these SFX play on a bots.
Never mind it was just silent.

However I found another bug, SFX would have a hard time playing in ModTer ramps.

This is not a bug but a question, will you release this in Blockland Glass or use Support_Updater for easy updates?

Don't get any ideas though, I'm not made of good sound FX.

You can get the HL2 SFX for sand though, but can you add another option in for sand, or would dirt be fine enough?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:56:36 AM by Spartan224 »

Have you ever thought of adding jet sounds?

I found another issue, none of these SFX play on a bots.
Never mind it was just silent.

However I found another bug, SFX would have a hard time playing in ModTer ramps.

This is not a bug but a question, will you release this in Blockland Glass or use Support_Updater for easy updates?

You can get the HL2 SFX for sand though, but can you add another option in for sand, or would dirt be fine enough?
I actually recently uploaded this to Blockland Glass, and I've considered doing an update for sand. I actually already have the sounds for sand, and since I've been revamping the code to meet some standards for Blockland Glass, I'll probably include sand FX. I'll also check out the Support_Updater code to find out how to make it work with my Add-On.

Keep a look out for this new stuff in the next few weeks, unfortunately I have finals this week though, so I don't have a lot of free time.

Lastly, there's really not much I can do about the modTer bug, I've noticed it myself, but I can't find any work arounds.

Have you ever thought of adding jet sounds?

I've never been a big fan of jet sounds, but I suppose I could add this. I'll let you know the progress come the next update.

I've never been a big fan of jet sounds, but I suppose I could add this. I'll let you know the progress come the next update.

I already got the script for it somewhere.

I also haven't tried this yet but do you have like crouch sounds or like muffled foot steps when holding down C? I want to try making some kind of stealth game.

I also haven't tried this yet but do you have like crouch sounds or like muffled foot steps when holding down C? I want to try making some kind of stealth game.

I do have a more quiet set of sounds for walking (holding down C), but currently there's not any sound FX that I would consided muffled; when you crouch walk currently, there's no sound at all.

I would probably use a moderately loud shuffle sound for crouching. Since crouching is faster than holding down C it would make more sense for it to be louder than C but not louder than normal walking.

I also noticed with the footstep mod I am using this doesn't affect bots, I don't know if that is a technical limitation or whatever.

Would custom sounds save to as a txt document in the server config file? If no, whenever you have time, can you add a feature for that? It kind of bothers me how each time I have to go set the colors to the sound every restart.

I know Server_Stride and Script_Footsteps has events, but it doesn't detect the colors automatically. Anyway, I have a onBrickLoaded event in my server, and for the prop types of bricks that I would like the color to keep, but the sound doesn't fit with it, maybe add events to set them manually?

Also, how about so impact sounds? For example, if someone from a very high distance jumped off a building and still made it but with very low health, by the time he fell onto the ground, an impact sound would play, like bones cracking or something?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 11:33:08 AM by Spartan224 »