Mini Empires Role Playing Game (Idea)

Author Topic: Mini Empires Role Playing Game (Idea)  (Read 1048 times)

A Mini Empire Idea
Thought about this for ages, a mod which makes mini empires work. Keeping it fresh and light would be perfect. Idea is available for anyone who'd want to use it.

Basic Concept
Every time a point is scored, the player/team gains 1 brick to build. When an enemy is killed you gain 1 brick. When a resource is mined, you gain 1 brick.
Resources would be custom bricks, where if they were attached to the HQ with pipeline bricks, would 'mine'. (+1 brick every 2 mins)

Battles
You'd be able to place down a playerplate/vehicleplate where you'd build ontop of. When you activate the bottom plate, you'd be able to pick it up (makes the brick and everything built onto it disappear), which can then be placed down (when you activate on a new stud near it)
the playerplate/vehicleplate's will cost like 10 bricks (maybe assign an xp system to the plate to make the vehicle's attack better) The brick would also have automatically created events assigned to it, so you can edit the name of the unit.
If two units stand next to each other and one of the owner chooses (battle), a battle will begin where the server will make rolls, and use the assigned unit's hp/damage system. If units are next to each other, their stats will be added up and joined into the roll. The winner will receive bricks, the losers bricks will be destroyed.

Buildings
To build anything, you need to have a player on the stud next to where you want to build. You start off with two units and some points for building.
To create units you'll have to build a barracks. To create vehicles you'll have to build a factory. To mine resources you'll have to make a harvester. All the pipelines will be linked to the harvester. (increases max bricks with more stations linked)

Bricks
Resources - This'd be a 1x1f brick (in either tree or rock form, will only affect aesthetics of custom model brick) placed by the host, does nothing until mined. never is destroyed.
Pipelines - This will be a 1x1f pipe brick (Foreward brick, corner brick, 3 way brick, 4 way brick)
PlayerPlate - a 1x1f what can be built upon, allows to easily move a soldier unit. (can carry xp which increases damage/hp)
VehiclePlate - 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5, 2x6 what can be built upon, allows to easily move a vehicle unit. (can carry xp which increases damage/hp)
Barracks - a 1x1f brick which can be built upon. if you put two plates next to each other, they power merge.
Factory - a 1x1f brick which can be built upon. if you put two plates next to each other, they power merge.
Harvester - a 1x1f brick which can be built upon. if you put two plates next to each other, they power merge.

If this is created, please keep the system simple and easy to use. I'm only suggesting this because I don't have time to get help from someone to make it.

It's a great idea all around, but there are a few things I wanna point out-
- Why use pipelines? The only time I ever build pipes on a MERP is for oil and water. Roads would make more sense, and would take less work to make for the mod, just make plate bricks that merge together as you build, and if they are within 5 studs of a harvester, then resources transfer.
- the vehicle plates would have to have a lot more variety. It's fun and all to have troops that take up a 1x1f, and most servers a tank is like a 2x3, but personally my tanks are 12x5 (not including the barrel). While you could, say, place a 2x4 vehicle plate down then place a larger plate on top to support the whole vehicle, now it's floating 2 plates above the map. So perhaps explore the possibility of a larger variety of plates, and keep in mind the giant spaceships that Kris, Gentwoo and myself like to build.
- resource bricks should be place-able by the host, then when activated by the host they're open to be claimed (in RP terms) and when someone else clicks (or if the host clicks) they claim it as their own. The owner of the resource brick can also free up the resource if they want to give it to another player

It would also be neat to have some kind of GUI, so you know how many factories, vehicles, troops, resources, etc you have. You could take this all a step further with population bricks for houses (power merge, each 1x1f is 1 population), power/electricity, etc

overall a really neat idea, I'd love to see this implemented into the MERP community

-Use pipelines to claim the resources, so that means players who are close may have to fight out for resources.
-your vehicles are too big bro lol
-I meant to state that the resource bricks can only be placeable by host.

Nice idea, but um this belongs in Suggestions & Requests

this seems like a bad idea because a big appeal of mini empires is building stuff

by punishing detailed and intricate builds you're just encouraging people to build dogstuff typical merp box-houses with triangles on top.

also this doesnt really account for things like vehicles that are bigger than cars or whatever else would fit in a 2x6 plate, units wider than 1x1 like if you want your empire to have a giant mech, or RP interaction that isnt combat

-your vehicles are too big bro lol
you are going to lose 90% of the people who would be interested in this project with that kind of statement

you are going to lose 90% of the people who would be interested in this project with that kind of statement
The whole concept is more of what I'd enjoy in mini empires, if others wouldn't find it fun then fair enough :)

The whole concept is more of what I'd enjoy in mini empires, if others wouldn't find it fun then fair enough :)
but isn't the whole point of having something people are more likely to enjoy aswell as you? if it's something only you enjoy who would want to do it if they didn't enjoy it.