Author Topic: How Do You Stop a Ded Server (Mac)  (Read 1043 times)

How do you stop a dedicated server on a Macintosh? It would be really helpful to know.

this belongs in help section

How do you stop a dedicated server on a Macintosh? It would be really helpful to know.
The proper way to close any dedicated server is by typing quit(); into the console. If that doesn't work, just closing the window should also do it (Though you might lose any server preferences that were changed while it was running).

The proper way to close it would be to write shutdown(); and then close the terminal window.

Edit: Or what Pecon said.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:29:57 PM by Dannu »

shutdown();
All this function does is kick everyone off the server, it doesn't actually close it. You have to do quit();.

All this function does is kick everyone off the server, it doesn't actually close it. You have to do quit();.
I remember using this by mistake to shut down the server and people started rejoining and I was like aaaaaa

I ran a stop command for a bl server on Ubuntu 14.04 and I'm pretty sure it stopped the entire OS lmao

I ran a stop command for a bl server on Ubuntu 14.04 and I'm pretty sure it stopped the entire OS lmao
yeah i was there lol
you were freaking out
i was laughing because of the oshit's unstability

yeah i was there lol
you were freaking out
i was laughing because of the oshit's unstability
its not unstable?
I ran the wrong command in the wrong way

i was laughing because of the os[]hit[]'s unstability
that's not what instability is at all