Author Topic: Source Editor on MAC?  (Read 697 times)

So the other day at work i was messing around with a MAC and needed to look at something in HTML editor i forgot what but the usual f12 thing didnt work like in chrome , IE, Edge like on windows
i ended up giving up but im just curious, is there a way to edit HTML source on a MAC?

Right-click, Open With > Text editor of choice.

Right-click, Open With > Text editor of choice.
i was under the impression mac's didnt have a right click though? do you mean command click?

Why wouldn't you be able to use mouse right click on a mac? Right click the HTML file icon itself.

im not sure but the one at my workplace for whatever reason is just 1 big button

It is a computer mouse in the standard sense, right? Anyways, holding ctrl while clicking seems to be the equivalent of a left click.

Why wouldn't you be able to use mouse right click on a mac? Right click the HTML file icon itself.
The standard "pretty white smooth round thing" mouse that comes with Macs only had one button. You can plug a regular mouse in, but you have to buy it seperately

Also I think he needs to view the source of a live web page, not a downloaded html file
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:48:28 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

he needs to view the source of a live web page, not a downloaded html file
this

Oh. Well, it's more inconvenient on basic browsers like safari, but press CMD + S to save a webpage, select page source as file format, and then open up the .html file with a text editor.

Oh. Well, it's more inconvenient on basic browsers like safari, but press CMD + S to save a webpage, select page source as file format, and then open up the .html file with a text editor.
thats dumb as forget, but thanks dannu

if you're using google chrome you can press "Ctrl + U" (on pc, idk what it is on mac) to get the source of a webpage. you don't have to save or anything