Author Topic: Downloads freezing an insane amount of times  (Read 1383 times)

I've been dealing with this bug for a long while on my Falling Platforms server and I'm getting sick and tired of repeating "turn music downloads off" and etc. It drives players away from the server and I have no idea what the hell is causing it to happen.
I've been pointing the blame at Blockland itself as everything I've looked up and tried (code-wise and not code-wise) are not fixing it. It's happening on both Windows and Linux via Wine, iirc ever since v20, it's not OS-dependent.

As Tezuni hosts the server for me now, I don't know if FastLoad would be a viable solution, or if I could even get my hands on it. I don't even know if that would fix it.

Does it crash if you load the Freebuild gamemode since theres no add-ons?

that's... not even relevant? lol
it's not crashing

is it just music that is freezing the downloads?

is it just music that is freezing the downloads?
everything being downloaded will

yeah, but what were they downloading at the point of it stopping?

yeah, but what were they downloading at the point of it stopping?
any file

my bad i send that to the wrong help topic

any file
It happens randomly? This seems common for music/sound files.

Yep it's really annoying cause i really want to join your server

Yep it's really annoying cause i really want to join your server
as I tell everyone else, disable downloading and it usually takes 2-4 more reconnects to get in

i've had issues with that too
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=277595.msg8483476#msg8483476
still don't know what the exact issue is, still don't know of any solution

no edit: i don't think it was the sound function that was causing the issue. fairly certain it was the first function that hid the bricks

as I tell everyone else, disable downloading and it usually takes 2-4 more reconnects to get in
I have done that and me and my friend get 3files with 5reconnects and then we bored