Author Topic: Finders keepers losers weepers UPDATE  (Read 1091 times)

Blogland:
So my school just got a giant new building and the orchestra, and band got new rooms, because of this the drafting/engineering room is in the old choir room and the choir is in the old band room. Anyway in the old choir room there was a whole audio setup left over, the teacher didnt transfer it over to his new room because it consisted of two tape decks, a Nakamichi reciever and a Cd player. So im in engineering drafting class and i see it all sitting there not being used by the drafting teacher. So i ask "Hey can I have all that stuff if you guys dont need it?" I wouldnt've asked if it was more modern stuff but tape decks is my kinda stuff if you havent read that in other threads of mine. It took two days of negotiating with the school tech office and we compromised on me not getting that really nice Nakamichi reciever (it was probably worth 200$). but today i went down to the room and ripped out all the equipment and wiring and threw it in my camry, i got home and realized that both tape decks dont work, the motors dont even turn. they probably would still work if they werent controlled electronically by buttons that dont actually do anything, just tell the internal computer what to tell the machine to do. the older ones are more simple and thereby more reliable. Anyway the Cd player works and the best part isnt that, I got a mess of wires with all sorts of routing boxes attached and mic line cables

here are pics of all the stuff (not my pics)

denon dn720r

priced on ebay in working order at 105-135 USD

denon dn770r

priced on ebay in working order at 65-100 USD

denon dn600f

Priced on ebay in working order at 75-125 USD

the routing boxes are also suprisingly pricey

radio design labs Stm 1 pre amp (I got three of them!)

priced on ebay between 50 and 100 dollars each!

audio technica at8801 power supply (I got two of them!)

priced between 50 and 75 USD each

TLDR:

Warble takes a ton of obsolete equipment off his school and makes an easy 300$
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:19:17 PM by warble »

update, my school tech office are the dumbest folk out there, I thought the two decks didn't work for the same reason they did, the motors don't turn without having a cassette in the deck!
usually when I get new tape decks I just see if the motor spins without risking a tape getting shredded but it turns out these decks have cassette detection

+300$, but I might keep the single deck one, its scores nicer than my current deck

So what you have said is that you got rejected by the school and decided to steal vintage equipment? 

So what you have said is that you got rejected by the school and decided to steal vintage equipment? 

Possibly, they only said on him not getting the Nakamichi reciever but never said that they could let him take the others.