Author Topic: my grandfather had a stroke  (Read 653 times)

So, yesterday, my grandfather had a stroke. I don't know what to do, it's all so sudden. Its not surprising that he had it, since we couldn't afford his diabetes medicine for a month. This is his second stroke, and I am still waiting for a word on how he's doing.
My grandparents raised me, by the way. I love my grandfather.

Discuss related stories.

well that sucks
i remember my grandma having a stroke
she was pretty bad for a few months but she got back to normal after therapy

I hope things turn out well op
:panda:

Best of luck. My grandpa had a stroke in July, he's finally starting to walk a lot better

Its not surprising that he had it, since we couldn't afford his diabetes medicine for a month.
what the hell this is so messed up. sorry you are having to go through this bro.

UPDATE: The doctors at the hospital said that because he hadn't taken the medicine in over a month, he had a stroke when he took them because his body wasn't used to them. He can't really speak; he slurs his words so much worse. I'm glad I called 911 when I did.

why the hell do we let people with debilitating diseases suffer from not being able to afford their medicine... that's really forgeted up.

why the hell do we let people with debilitating diseases suffer from not being able to afford their medicine... that's really forgeted up.
there are programs to pay for medications if you cant pay for them yourself and you need them

there are programs to pay for medications if you cant pay for them yourself and you need them
When we tried to get any sort of support he was turned away for being too old :/

oh christ
I hope he turns out alright

sorry man.

I had a grandma who lived for 13 years with Alzheimer's disease. She recently passed, and it was heartbreaking to see her forget things over time.

My grandpa died about one and a half years ago. He suffered multiple strokes and a heart attack, and he had both of his legs amputated.
;(

Lets wish he gets better ;(

Best of luck to your grandfather, hope he lives to see his dream and whatnot.

Or just hope he lives long and gets through.