Author Topic: Why is steam refund bs only 2 hours?  (Read 1926 times)

i guess drinking in your youth really does kill brain cells.

Im talking about games with allot of content

I'm starting to get the feeling you played a game for a long time, then something happened that made you hate it and now you're upset you can't get a refund

Im talking about games with allot of content
And how would this be judged? Steam Support doesn't have the time to see how much time it would take before someone could decide if they like it. If it were decided by the publisher/developer, then they could just be biased and just stamp on the default 2 hours. If it were decided by the community, they would be biased in the other direction and then everyone could beat any story driven game and still refund it.

You can't rate a game with only 2 hours of playtime
If you can you're a horrible person.

Apparently I'm a horrible person for knowing what I do and do not like

for most games two hours is fine
unless its crysis 2
then you get two hours of "this is pretty good" and six hours of "WHEN IS IT OVER"

And how would this be judged? Steam Support doesn't have the time to see how much time it would take before someone could decide if they like it. If it were decided by the publisher/developer, then they could just be biased and just stamp on the default 2 hours. If it were decided by the community, they would be biased in the other direction and then everyone could beat any story driven game and still refund it.
Not to mention that if it were based on the amount of content then you'd be able to play big games like Witcher 3, Mass Effect or Skyrim for a couple of days at least and then get a full refund.

Steam is already fairly lax on the 2 hour period for refunds if it's close. The system is in place for those terrible games, like probably 70% of the indie games on the steam store, that look decent but are buggy, unfinished, messes. And for when you buy a dumb game on an impulse for the 5 minutes of "lOL so RANdom Xd" and then instantly regret it.

~2 hours, or 2 weeks, is really fair for you being able to think that you shouldn't have bought that game.

A refund isn't for you to decide if the game is good or not, its so you don't get ripped off with a broken-ass game. Which in the vast majority of cases, will be noticeably broken upon launch. If there's something deeper in the game that is broken, you probably should have heard about it from reviews that you should be reading, as you're obviously a careful consumer and not an starfish buying games and returning them after you've had your 2-hour-fill.