[Server] Autosaver - [Version 3.0.0] - Javascript version??!!! (tba)

Poll

Environment saving/loading?

yah
50 (98%)
naw
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: [Server] Autosaver - [Version 3.0.0] - Javascript version??!!! (tba)  (Read 30914 times)

What you mean by "more preference freedom"

Did you add a toggle preference?

You okay there, buddy?
I have no idea what's going on but it's been there for a few days now. Any add-on that I have released with a dropbox link is now dead until who knows when. I don't know what caused this problem, since I have been doing this for years. Looks like I'll use visolator.block.land for now (backups will always be on dropbox/google drive/my computer) until this problem gets fixed (which who knows when because dropbox is bleh)

What you mean by "more preference freedom"

Did you add a toggle preference?
Yes, and there are more ways to change up your autosaver. The current autosaver as you can see does not have that much freedom (such as enabling/disabling autosaver, forced to do neat saving which causes lag after so many bricks are on the server, stuck with a tick at 0ms for the most part).

Servers that have heavy usage can change their chunk save count (more causes lag, less reduces lag), I have got to 5000 without any lag whatsoever, but that's because nothing is going on in the server. I'm sure this can do better, which is why there is a tick MS pref so you can change the speed.

I have updated the post because there are more things I have found that can be beneficial.

This is really useful.

I've had Dropbox randomly remove dl links, forcing me to go back to each individual file and create a new shareable link. They have something wonky going on.

Also could you add a preference for enabling/disabling, and perhaps change the default preference for autoloading to false? Telling everyone the file name also seems like something extra that shouldn't be default. Maybe it's just me but I prefer that not happening. Then again my Glass prefs don't save so the defaults are more of an issue than usual :(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:36:06 AM by Wesley Williams »

Dropbox has a file limit, but it is rare that it happens. I would recommend to use a dedicated host to avoid this issue from raising again. Latency is not an issue, as long as the site is not blocked or the bandwidth is throttled, you're doing fine with any host you seem fit for the subject.

I myself looked over recently on my download links and put them on a dedicated host to avoid this issue to raise.

It seems impossible for blockland add-ons to get 100000 downloads or even close to 20GB in a day, though.

It sure is. That's why it's so odd. Something happened, though. Either someone downloaded something too many times, or he did something himself. No one knows, as Dropbox refuses to give out that kind of information.

What we know now is that he needs to put it somewhere else or no one will be able to download it.

how do i turn this off

cancel($Server_AS_schedule); should stop the loop.

More progress has been made, I might try to release this very soon.

New features so far:
+ Code is completely optimized for faster saving
+ More preferences
  - Report only prints out how many bricks and groups are being saved
  - Toggling the autosaver is a thing (preference or using the command)
  - You can now go up to 1440 minutes (or higher using a console command) for each autosave.
  - Neat saving (this causes lag when there are at least +90,000 bricks on the server): This makes loading bricks start from bottom to top (If you disable this it's not a big deal, you'll just have bricks load everywhere)
  - Chunk saving: Save a bunch of bricks at once per save tick
  - Editing: When the autosaver is loading a build, this disables building/painting to everyone with the exception of admins, it will restore building/painting when the build loads successfully (there will be a command to force restore in case something breaks). If the minigame already does not allow one or both of these it'll just remain the same.
+ Bug fixes
  - Fixed name problems
  - Last autosave name is always remembered (saves as a different config file), so if your server crashes or you accidentally close it improperly the server will still remember the last autosave
  - Console will now print out the time with the autosaver message output
  - Autosaver will now announce any errors the autosaver has found instead of it just being silent (console will also print out any errors even if announce is disabled)

Features in work:
+ Save splitter: Reads a save file (only accurate to the autosaver sorry) and splits ownership in a folder, example: You have 4 groups saved, you will have 4 blockland save files in a folder with different ownership

Anyone have opinions on timestamp prefs?

Neat saving disabled is lightning fast compared to neat saving enabled
Neat saving basically puts all bricks into a list control and then sorts them by distance from the ground. This only benefits builds from loading bottom to top. Disabling neat saving does not put them on a list object which makes the game faster processing it.

Time elapsed feature:

Old autosave deletion feature (only works with the future autosaver, sorry)
I have to refresh the mod paths every time this function is called because the resource manager does not seem to update correctly (which sadly can cause lag).
This is going to be a very nice feature for those who have very small disk space. This will not delete any saves that have custom names.
This may have some bugs which I cannot fix. This is why you can always turn off the limit and manually delete the saves. I am determining if this should be on by default.

Total preferences for 2.0: 14
Total preferences for 3.0: 22

Going to make some touches to the mod and then I'll start putting a link out for a beta test. Need to kill every bug before publicly releasing this since it was remade.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 06:07:48 PM by Kyuande »

It's still giving the too much traffic message. Can you upload a mirror?

Bump, merged progress into 1 post and updated the OP link to get the autosaver (version 2).

Well, you did use fileCopy, but you still are using WriteFromToFile in the old saving system. I've taken the liberty to adjust the code so it should work as before.
Support_AutoSaver.zip
Feel free to update it with your current version. Compare server.cs if you don't believe me.

Also, I think I remember now why I made that function: It's because fileCopy does not work with add-ons, hence I made that so I could move out config files to be used outside. It was never intended to be used this way, as it's slower and only works for text files. Not sure if it was fixed or Badspot was not informed or doesn't care.

Btw, maybe remove old code and comments so the reader wont get offended. :cookieMonster:

Looks good and I am awaiting version 3.0 with anticipation.

Bump

Features:
  + Chunk saving, save your builds much faster
  + Time stamps
  + Load a save from someone's bl_id (autosaves only)
  + Longer time interval instead of a super long schedule
  + Announce sounds
  + Cool centerprint progress
  + Max saves (deletes your old autosaves) (off by default because it can possibly cause problems)
  + Option to disable neat saving (last version was default and could not remove it)

Coming features:
  + Splitting a save into seperate bl_id saves

Fixes:
  + Changing preferences during an autosaver will no longer mess up the autosaver
  + Much longer interval limit (except in preference menu)
  + Restarting server should no longer break preference init and boot loading features
  + Fixed boot load feature not working
  + Latest autosave is always remembered
  + Saving is now subtracted based on real time instead of sim time. This will get more accurate save results.
  + Simplified code

Other:
  + Updated OP
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:54:04 PM by Kyuande »

hell ye

blockparty is somethin like 265k bricks, so this will help a lot