Poll

Environment saving/loading?

yah
50 (98%)
naw
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: [Server] Autosaver - [Version 3.0.0] - Javascript version??!!! (tba)  (Read 30915 times)

Got some progress on an update, I'll need to polish something before I release it.

I've created chunk saving (new save method) which means it saves more lines at once instead of creating a schedule for each brick (old save method). (Chunk save count can be changed)
Progress:

Old save method

New save method (no lag)

New save method #2 (lag - changed chunk count)

I'll see if I can find a better way to optimize this

Make a way to make it will autosave a file that you loaded

Make a way to make it will autosave a file that you loaded
It already does that

Like overlap a old file with a updated thing?

Like overlap a old file with a updated thing?
This can only save bricks existing on the server, I can't autosave a default blockland save because it only saves ownership for baseplate bricks. You'll have to load the save, then autosave it as something.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:23:39 AM by Kyuande »

add an enabled pref and remove the 16 minute autosave restriction.

I made it at a certain amount because blockland cannot handle so many numbers (it'll just break)

I'll have to make a minute tick and make it subtract then if people want to remove the restriction (they're still will be one, probably up to a day instead).

Ah, you were the one who wrote this, I'll include the original credits. I'll apply more updates when I get back home. Thanks for posting.
Code: (server.cs:309) [Select]
// Writes information from a file to an another file - Stole from DediLoaderserver.cs:47

I rather not poke you about it, but almost a year and still no proper credits? ;)

Still, I don't mind you using it as it's a general algorithm anyone could write and no one should claim credits on. But considering this is a perfect copy, I suggest you consider doing what you think is the right thing.

Code: (server.cs:309) [Select]
// Writes information from a file to an another file - Stole from DediLoaderserver.cs:47
I rather not poke you about it, but almost a year and still no proper credits? ;)
I can't believe I've edited this mod for a long time and didn't realize that was there. (Is Dediloader not good enough credits?)

Code is a complete mess, I'm determining if I should rewrite this or not.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 02:31:56 PM by Kyuande »

I can't believe I've edited this mod for a long time and didn't realize that was there. (Is Dediloader not good enough credits?)

Code is a complete mess, I'm determining if I should rewrite this or not.
It is a mess. By rewriting it you ensure high quality, a possibility to remove people from credits and make it easier to add new functionality.

The worst part is that it would be a lot easier to introduce more bugs and that it would take some time to do it.

It's your time. You can do whatever you want with it.

(Is Dediloader not good enough credits?)
No, it definitely is not. It could give false assumptions for an another add-on, as there is a few out there with the same functionality.

Also, I used that function in several of my add-ons, so in DediLoader, as you mentioned in the comment, it's on server.cs:35. I haven't updated them since 2009 when I released them.

Definitely the best to rewrite this, could improve efficiency of saving.

No, it definitely is not. It could give false assumptions for an another add-on, as there is a few out there with the same functionality.

Also, I used that function in several of my add-ons, so in DediLoader, as you mentioned in the comment, it's on server.cs:35. I haven't updated them since 2009 when I released them.
Makes sense; if I release an update and it's not rewritten, I'll include you for that function.

Since fileCopy exists it's probably a lot better to use it.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 06:04:26 PM by Kyuande »

thank you based custom names + neat saving

You okay there, buddy?