Author Topic: Blockland MMO-RPG  (Read 4288 times)

Hello, I have been working on a project for many months. January to be exact. I have been chipping away at progression on this build, it is with much pleasure to present to you my Blockland MMORPG. Please view the video below for an overview of my MMO, you can also read on here for more in depth details. If you do not wish to view the video, you can visit screenshots and text written about this project below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ag0fg1Be9k&feature=youtu.be

You are thrown into the game in a snowy set area and are taught how to survive and the basics of the world created around you. Once you complete the tutorial you travel to Snow Breeze Village, with contains many quests that are in need of massive completion. As simple as your average fetch quest to a thieving heist to steal a jackpot of gold locked down in security, the questing fitting the taste of every RPG player.

In this MMO, there are skills you level up by training, or completing quests that incorporate that skill.

Several Skills to master and more to come such as:

Mining
Fishing
Gathering
Combat
Thieving
Blacksmithing
Contract Killing
Crafting
Woodcutting (WIP)

The Land

The world is filled with much land, creating long adventures and journeys the player. I have decided not to categorize areas by level or "Level Zones". I created it this way so people would venture back into previous areas for later quests. Sure as you proceed through the requirements for quests will rise, but in the areas there always will be quests available for lower levels and not just high levels. Here are some screenshots of the world this far in progression.

(NEW AS OF 9/17/15)
If any of you have any questions about when this is going to be released I don't want to set any deadlines as for I want to perfect everything/fix bugs. I am hoping for within the next couple months.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:02:43 PM by totalxq »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:38:10 PM by totalxq »

Hint: You can resize your images. Try [img height=600]

Also, there's an edit button, you don't need to requote your entire post.

Good luck.

Try doing [img width=555]
Kyuande already said it nvm

Also holy hell that looks amazing

Hint: You can resize your images. Try [img height=600]

Also, there's an edit button, you don't need to requote your entire post.

Good luck.

Yeah I noticed that, thank you though.

Try doing [img width=555]
Kyuande already said it nvm

Also holy hell that looks amazing

Thanks!

Totalxq inspired me to make TotalRPG for this very project. Glad to see it having gotten so far!

Blockland needs a good RPG. I've seen decent ones, but I've never seen a fantastic I've, most are either very grindy, or highly VCE driven. Also, BL servers can't support enough players to truly call it an MMO.

Progress is too small to say more than "the build looks great"

I haven't seen one of these in a hot minute. Good job.

I haven't seen one of these in a hot minute. Good job.

Thank you!

Wow! Nice work. I've never been into RPGs but you seem to have done a really fantastic job. Good luck in the future mate.

Wow! Nice work. I've never been into RPGs but you seem to have done a really fantastic job. Good luck in the future mate.

I really appreciate that thank you!

A-lot of work for a game that is going to die soon. :( looks fun but players with come and go and eventually never come back. It's sad :(

A-lot of work for a game that is going to die soon. :( looks fun but players with come and go and eventually never come back. It's sad :(
what are you talking about
is this a throwaway/Self Delete account

:cookie:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:41:35 AM by totalxq »