Rant: Political correctness, DEVO, privacy, and more

Author Topic: Rant: Political correctness, DEVO, privacy, and more  (Read 684 times)

Something that I've been meaning to vent about recently is all these politically correct richardweeds lashing out at Gerald Casale (founding member of DEVO, who I am a huge fan of) for having a 9/11 themed wedding. The reception for him and his new wife Krista Napp included a Twin Towers cake and box cutter party favors. This was all on the 14th anniversary of 9/11 and now thousands of people who have no idea what DEVO is or what they stand for are screaming at Jerry because pictures of the cake and favors got leaked online by everybody's favorite celebrity privacy invader, TMZ.

The creme dela creme here is that Casale said that he didn't even INTEND for the ceremony to have 9/11 themes, because a friend of his said that he would take care of the cake and brought it there as a surprise because of the macabreness of Jerry and Krista getting married on that date. It's ridiculous how offended people can get at something like this. If you want to be offended, go watch some Moonman or read up what people say every day about how 9/11 was small in comparison to the millions of innocents killed in the Middle East over something they never did; don't go bashing a guy for having something unintended occur to him on him and his lover's special day.

For that matter, the wedding was private in the first place. Only about 10 people or so were invited to it, so one of Jerry's (presumably) closest friends took pictures of the cake and favors and sold them to TMZ to spread everywhere. It's absolutely ridiculous how little privacy celebrities have. This was supposed to be Jerry and his lover's special day, and they made it private, but no, one of his friends had to go and absolutely ruin it by selling it to the company that has the least respect for ethics and privacy of celebrities everywhere. The two's honeymoon is practically destroyed now.

But DEVO was always about de-evolution and the dumbing down of society. Perhaps this is all just a fine example of it.

political correctness is for gay mondays

hi i'm devo

political correctness is dumb
stop getting offended by things that have nothing to do with you

"political correctness is dumb
stop getting offended by things that have nothing to do with you"
   - nonnel, for the hundredth time

political correctness is smart
start getting offended by things that have everything to do with you

"political correctness is dumb
stop getting offended by things that have nothing to do with you"
   - nonnel, for the hundredth time
-offended, for the thousandth time

When a problem comes along...

I remember 9/11, I was 8, and I thought "America, please don't over react." And guess what? We did over react.

Also, no political correctness.

I remember 9/11, I was 8, and I thought "America, please don't over react." And guess what? We did over react.

Also, no political correctness.
Considering that we are the same age you probably looked at the news like I did and just heard about some planes running into buildings not really know who or why would do so a thing.

The guy has stuff friends.

-offended, for the thousandth time
sgut the heck up u cis scum

As far as political correctness goes, the line has to be drawn some where in my opinion.

im not really offended by that wedding but it sounds cringy as forget

im not really offended by that wedding but it sounds cringy as forget
Imagine the people who made the loving cake

hi i'm devo

political correctness is dumb
stop getting offended by things that have nothing to do with you