Author Topic: Paintball Questions- Stock-compatible mask?  (Read 396 times)

As the title says, do any of you know of any masks that work with gun stocks for paintball? I still have the mask I got when I first started paintballing, but the sides are too big and I can hardly aim down sights with the stock on my shoulder. As of now, the stock is essentially useless. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure of this but you may be able to modify a gas mask to suit your needs but I don't know the rules for paintball masks

I'm not sure of this but you may be able to modify a gas mask to suit your needs but I don't know the rules for paintball masks
Not the most practical thing since ironically it's not that breathable and pretty uncomfortable

Not the most practical thing since ironically it's not that breathable and pretty uncomfortable
I took a Russian surplus GP-5 and gutted the entire respiratory system for it and removed the contents of the filter to make it easier to breath in. On terms of being comfortable you could get an adjustable mask (Israeli civilian for example.) and make it loose enough that it isn't pulling at your hair or stuck to your face

I took a Russian surplus GP-5 and gutted the entire respiratory system for it and removed the contents of the filter to make it easier to breath in. On terms of being comfortable you could get an adjustable mask (Israeli civilian for example.) and make it loose enough that it isn't pulling at your hair or stuck to your face
Would it be able to withstand a paintball?

Would it be able to withstand a paintball?

That is what I am questioning, the masks are made usually made of a thick rubber.

That is what I am questioning, the masks are made usually made of a thick rubber.
I'm still not too sure though because it's pretty unusual. I'll still check it out though.

Any other suggestions for a low profile mask?