Author Topic: What being away from PC for about a month felt like [Updated, bottom of pg1]  (Read 1417 times)

So my dad has an issue where he usually has a really short fuse especially when hes proven wrong about a certain subject. I tried to talk with him about this matter and now my consequence for bringing up the subject is that I have to re-earn my computer. If I dont re-earn it, well hes going to format everything on there and delete my stuff. Fun isnt it. Hes realized the issue about himself which is nice, but not so great for me. This shouldnt be that hard to re-earn my dad's trust, but man does that really suck that I have to go a month without my computer lol. Not actually that bad, probably good for me also since I might be more social, but I never liked socializing with people at school.
why am i even laughing about this

So for a month, my rank in osu! is probably gonna go to stuff, along with my skill. FPS skills usually stay with me. Might have a withdrawl because I play osu! like almost everyday and im going to miss that. Hey, if my stuff is gone, I guess Ill have more space. Oh, and ill probably miss some good events on warframe and the ability to participate in osu! tournaments. hey armyunit if youre reading this can you grab primed continuity, primed pistol gambit, and any returning event mods that baro might sell, ill repay you back bby

tl;dr My dad had an anger issue-ish and talked to him about it.
I lose my computer for a month or longer, and I may lose everything on the computer if I dont regain my dad's trust.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:37:45 PM by Jonathant1 »

relieving

you'll be disconnected but also connect to local people more

whenever I go to camp I don't miss my computer at all, I don't even bring my phone.

if my mom tried something like this with my computer or my laptop or my phone I'd just move out. I don't even really know where, probably I'd move in with my dad. that's just unacceptable
that might be less reasonable for a 15 year old though. plus, there's a lot of important stuff on them, it's not just games, so it probably matters more to me than you

if my mom tried something like this with my computer or my laptop or my phone I'd just move out. I don't even really know where, probably I'd move in with my dad. that's just unacceptable
that might be less reasonable for a 15 year old though. plus, there's a lot of important stuff on them, it's not just games, so it probably matters more to me than you
I actually have my school documents, graphic designy projects, and music on my computer. Moved it all onto a usb though so its not big problem. Now that I think about it, how am I going to put music on my phone lol

I actually have my school documents, graphic designy projects, and music on my computer. Moved it all onto a usb though so its not big problem. Now that I think about it, how am I going to put music on my phone lol
Easy you still got your computer? If so I can help. Or if it's a android I can too

I am intrigued as to how this turned out?

I am intrigued as to how this turned out?

He's been using his phone for steam and has a stuffty laptop to play osu on. it seems to be going well.

He's been using his phone for steam and has a stuffty laptop to play osu on. it seems to be going well.
Actually its been about a month already so im back

Self Delete by stab
I probably wouldve done that if I wasn't sane, but im not

Being away from the computer for a month is actually kinda fun. I hung out with my friends a lot more and socialized.

So my dad has an issue where he usually has a really short fuse especially when hes proven wrong about a certain subject. I tried to talk with him about this matter and now my consequence for bringing up the subject is that I have to re-earn my computer. If I dont re-earn it, well hes going to format everything on there and delete my stuff. Fun isnt it. Hes realized the issue about himself which is nice, but not so great for me. This shouldnt be that hard to re-earn my dad's trust, but man does that really suck that I have to go a month without my computer lol. Not actually that bad, probably good for me also since I might be more social, but I never liked socializing with people at school.
If you're actually 16, then just tell him to forget off. Point out the fact that you don't (presumably) do drugs, get arrested, or start fights, and then point out how childish he's being for punishing you over an argument.

Note: This might not actually get your computer back. This is just how I'd handle it.

Actually its been about a month already so im back
what was it like

edit: I didn't have a PC for a good two years or so, so I just watched TV.

Make backups on USB flash drives/cd roms, and don't tell him you did so.

Being away from the computer for a month is actually kinda fun. I hung out with my friends a lot more and socialized.
Yeah it was fun, I dont play games nearly as much now though.

Make backups on USB flash drives/cd roms, and don't tell him you did so.
I had a backup of my artistic-y and school hw stuff and osu skin/beatmaps

If you're actually 16, then just tell him to forget off. Point out the fact that you don't (presumably) do drugs, get arrested, or start fights, and then point out how childish he's being for punishing you over an argument.

Note: This might not actually get your computer back. This is just how I'd handle it.
I never got in a fight, get arrested, or do drugs because I avoid those certain types of people at school since theyre just cringeworthy
I talked it out calmly with my dad after a month, despite what happened anyways. Im not really the type of person to hold a long lasting grudge lol