Poll

Should you be kicked from the server when you die?

Yes
No
I'm 50/50

Author Topic: What Remains - Open World Zombie Survival PvP (Public v1.5)  (Read 10796 times)

EDIT: Again the server crashed? Okay this is starting to piss me off.
Does anybody know what might be causing this? I don't think it's an add-on.
This is the error code: "% wine: Unhandled stack overflow at address 0x7c37176e (thread 0025), starting debugger..."
I am using BlockNet, so it could be something wrong related to the server.
How about grabbing the console.log

How about grabbing the console.log
Next time it crashes I will post the console.log

That's... Pretty damn impressive. :o

I mean, I guess I could use some sounds? Maybe custom foot sounds to replace with the ones from Port's Footsteps Mod?
Maybe even better zombie/player sounds as well. I think the gun sounds are good as of right now though.
Apparently we need some melee SFX sounds too.
Swollow is making me a custom footstep mod that works like Port's and Pegg's combined. It also has an extra feature where each footstep plays a gear shifting sound, that you can change via events to be 'heavy' 'medium' or 'light', or something to that effect. Basically you can make it so if a player does something that would entitle them to be really heavyset, they'd have a lot of gear shifting. Vice versa for lighter things. Dunno how you would implement that, maybe I could look into coding that with the inventory mod so the things you have in your backpack correspond to how much gear shifting is going on.

Zombie/player sounds are doable too, just need to know how the zombies are done. If they're using the same system as the default bots, I can work around some code to make them play hurt sounds, death sounds, and even sounds when they spot players.
The player sounds are easy, I just need to know what kind. Death screams, pain grunts? Dunno.

Melee soundeffects ez.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:53:57 PM by Arekan »

Swollow is making me a custom footstep mod that works like Port's and Pegg's combined. It also has an extra feature where each footstep plays a gear shifting sound, that you can change via events to be 'heavy' 'medium' or 'light', or something to that effect. Basically you can make it so if a player does something that would entitle them to be really heavyset, they'd have a lot of gear shifting. Vice versa for lighter things. Dunno how you would implement that, maybe I could look into coding that with the inventory mod so the things you have in your backpack correspond to how much gear shifting is going on.
If this was to actually be created that would be amazing in-game.

Zombie/player sounds are doable too, just need to know how the zombies are done. If they're using the same system as the default bots, I can work around some code to make them play hurt sounds, death sounds, and even sounds when they spot players.
Might want to ask ZSNO about that one. From what I know though, they are the same AI as default zombies in Blockland.
Also yeah that would be really helpful if there were certain sounds zombies played that you can tell which action they are doing. Spotting players, roaming around, pain.

The player sounds are easy, I just need to know what kind. Death screams, pain grunts? Dunno.
Death screams, pain grunts/yells, jump sounds, anxious sounds, checking backpack sounds, heavy breathing sounds for when they're in-pain (maybe heartbeat sounds)

Melee soundeffects ez.
yush

Come on down and game.

Also I feel like there needs to be an option for global chat. The reason that this server doesn't blow up as much is because no one ever really gets to communicate properly with one another and it feels dead even when there are players on.

they're literally just hole bots

also no idea why melee sounds aren't playing, it's just the Tier Tactical Melee sets.
works fine when I play.

Come on down and game.

Also I feel like there needs to be an option for global chat. The reason that this server doesn't blow up as much is because no one ever really gets to communicate properly with one another and it feels dead even when there are players on.
Personally I think that global chat would be a mistake to add, but I think if we added radio communication in-game if you find walkie-talkies and you connect from a list of channels, it would be a good idea.

I went ahead and turned global chat on, gonna see how this goes.

Bump, v1.5 is out woo!

Conan finally fixed Radio Communication for us, so now players can find a Radio item and use it to communicate via 9 channels when they have it out if they type "#" before they speak. People in local chat can see them speak if they are close by the player. Sweet! Now we don't need global chat on lol.

The radio item is commonly found in houses, and it must be held out in the player's hands to hear and to talk to other people in channels.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:32:12 PM by Nobot »

Include command that lets you request to teleport to a friend, however 1.) The person must accept the request, 2.) Your items, health, etc. are reset upon doing so, 3.) You can only request a single person once per life.
Unless there's already something like that, it's good for friends who want to work together off the bat.

Also consider using a weapon system similar to this video so players can walk around with a gun out, and not be as threatening to others.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:40:48 PM by Arekan »

idk about teleportation; if you really are working with a friend you can probably just chat with them over steam/outside the game to coordinate your locations and then go from there

although you are nerfing the TP by having the teleporting player respawn, it still carries balance issues as you could just team up with a friend that has too many guns/ammo without much effort and then basically wreck anyone you decide to hold up

Maybe the other user also has their items reset; you both respawn but in the same location?

Maybe the other user also has their items reset; you both respawn but in the same location?
Hmm.. that probably could work.. maybe

My body is in Rinith, its got a p90 and a shotgun. forget jumping zombies